Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Outdoor Research Helium II Jacket (Read 339 times)
MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Outdoor Research Helium II Jacket
Aug 8th, 2018 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
The the lifelong quest for lighter and more compact gear I have just dropped the hammer on one of these after thinking about it for months.  This jacket is 180g (for a L) and squashes down into about the size of a coke can.  It's not quite as waterproof as a big heavy three layer jacket but most of the time I don't need anything that heavy duty.  The only major con is that it's not 3/4 length so you have to take rain pants as well.

I got this off Massdrop ($99usd + $6.50 shipping to NZ).  They are also on Amazon as well for a similar price.

If you haven't tried Massdrop then I highly recommend it.  It's a bulk buying web site where you sign up for the "drop" and when they know how many people are buying the item they get the lowest price they can.  You subscribe to the categories (e.g. ultralight outdoors gear) you are interested in and then send you e-mail full of cool stuff to buy

You do need to sign up to the web site to see the prices.  You don't need to use your google or facebook account (which is a bad idea anyway), just sign up with your e-mail.

This is my referral link which means you get $10 free credit on joining and if some unknown number of people join and buy stuff I get $10 as well.

https://www.massdrop.com/?referer=UTY7KT

Highly recommended.  I have brought more stuff than I probably should have from there.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

JoshC
Forum Font

Re: Outdoor Research Helium II Jacket
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks mate

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards