Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic It's OK guys, Chris Cahill is standing up for our views... apparently.. (Read 879 times)
Vulcan
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

It's OK guys, Chris Cahill is standing up for our views... apparently..
Aug 6th, 2018 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
New Zealand Police Association president Chris Cahill says this isn't good enough.

"The Minister is too cognisant of a small group of gun lobbyists, of which the influence on him is out of proportion to the actual views of firearm owners."

Where's a Tui billboard to put this on?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/105882611/the-battle-over-semiautomatics-police...

IP Logged

Digit
Forum Senior

Re: It's OK guys, Chris Cahill is standing up for our views... apparently..
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:38am
Print Post  
That small group hit 10,000 over the weekend.
Get over to Firearm Owners United NZ to become a voice that gets heard by Cahill and the Minister of Police!

https://facebook.com/firearmownersunitednz/

There's also a chance to win free ammo too Smiley

All we need is a facebook like to keep the fight going. Not a cent required.

Industry Antagonist
IP Logged

Vulcan
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Would if I had facebook.

IP Logged

Radar
Forum Font

Armed Tramper 😈

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Just remember - although Chris Cahill is the ‘Police AssociationRepresentative’ he’s not always in tune with his people. I have had words with him about his ‘Knowledge around guns’ because he’s not always right.

Fate whispers to the warrior
'you cannot withstand the storm',
And the warrior whispers back
' I am the storm'
Toys
Tikka the T3 Hunter 7mm08
Baikal .223 Spartan
Martin Falcon 65lb Compound bow

IP Logged

hawken 50

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Chris Cahill is coming out of his shell now. Calling for a Ban on MSSA's (a category of Firearm that exists only in NZ) is just the thin edge of the wedge. Look to what happened in Aussie and stand together regardless of your shooting discipline.
https://kiwigunblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/05/police-union-calls-for-ban-of-mssa-
rifles/

IP Logged

timandtalon
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Radar wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 7:02pm:
Just remember - although Chris Cahill is the ‘Police AssociationRepresentative’ he’s not always in tune with his people. I have had words with him about his ‘Knowledge around guns’ because he’s not always right.

Clearly a kiwi gift of the understatement here. Those last three words....... Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

50BMG
Donor Member

12.7 x 114 - Yep I can
reach that....

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
No matter what Cahill (or anyone else) says, Bans will only impede the law abiding. Crims could not give a toss about laws and do what they please.

The Police need to actually get off their cosy little arses and actively go after the numerous "importers " of illegal goodies. 

The drug bust of ninety-mile beach 18 months ago shows how the problem firearms are arriving.

Theft of MSSAs and other firearms is not huge and simply does not match or explain the number of illegal firearms Police are encountering.

Taking the easy way out and blaming storage issues and "grey guns" is a political "cop out" and just plain lazy. However, it does avoid actually having to do something meaningful.

I have seen the container being loaded in Yemen and other places. I have encountered Kiwis supervising this. I also know that the whole deal was rotten and did, on occasion, as work permitted, caused mission failure for this type of thing.

Until politicians and police admit that our shorelines are all but unenforceable borders and that crims are importing at will nothing useful will happen.

"The brave few are Freedoms rampart for the many"  "Otherwise protect your freedoms or you will surely lose them"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards