Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Calesi Viruus...well thats made my day (Read 3149 times)
rabbiter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Calesi Viruus...well thats made my day
Reply #15 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
The councils have been busy taking samples (blood)from dead rabbits around the new release sites in order to prove the new virus is working well , so far they have been very quiet about the results , I'm picking its still a huge fail given that it was reported by them that the knock would be up to 60% of the rabbit population. Bunny is still alive & well.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: Calesi Viruus...well thats made my day
Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
rabbiter wrote on Mar 26th, 2020 at 1:05pm:
The councils have been busy taking samples (blood)from dead rabbits around the new release sites in order to prove the new virus is working well , so far they have been very quiet about the results , I'm picking its still a huge fail given that it was reported by them that the knock would be up to 60% of the rabbit population. Bunny is still alive & well. 

Evidently according to Aussie websites the K5 version has not spread but was only effective in very local areas where it was first released. This has lead to it being used like a ''Pindone substitute'' (my words) with it being released in high density areas and then disappearing again. I doubt that is a good thing. 

The K5 has also not spread through the Mackenzie, but as mentioned earlier the K2 version has been found and confirmed.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards