Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Calesi Viruus...well thats made my day (Read 1253 times)
NZVarminter
Donor Member

Calesi Viruus...well thats made my day
Aug 5th, 2018 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Apparently the latest strain of this virus that was released a few months ago did not have a very good uptake so the "scientists" scratched their heads and took a closer look at their release and distribution method.

Turns out the virus was "re-mixed" with water so it could be sprayed...and they used chlorinated water!

Yay

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Calesi Viruus...well thats made my day
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
any links or is this just from a facebook post?

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Were was this remixed? If the original vials were diluted on the farms where it was distrubuted to other farmers in any given area, which were many, there woould have been no clorination. Not on all of them anyway because a lot of farms dont have clorinated water.

If original vials were remixed at a cetral point on a clorinated water supply, and then distributed to the farms where it was then sprayed on the carrot that was then picked up on the same day by all the farmers in the area, then the virus being dead before it was sprayed onto the carrot is a possible scenario.

Another worry for me  this is that we drink clorinated water everyday. What is it doing to our very important gut bacteria which affect our overall health in a huge way..

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Deer Whisperer

Talk the deer to death

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:02am
Print Post  
I can answer this...provided in test tubes and mixed with water at Council Depots by field workers then spread over the carrots...

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Deer Whisperer wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:02am:
I can answer this...provided in test tubes and mixed with water at Council Depots by field workers then spread over the carrots...

I wonder if that was the policy every area.  I must investigate further, but thanks for that.

If true then major cockup visible..  Grin

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Deer Whisperer

Talk the deer to death

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Affected farmers from this failed release should really be asking questions through their local council representative...my pick would be using a mover and shaker shooting from the hip character like Michael Laws...Lots of trouble brewing at ORC and now would be the optimal time for farmers to get together on the rabbit issue and take on Council IMO...go over the top of the spin doctor managers they produce is the only way to sort the matter or at very least get some semi genuine answers!!!

IP Logged

rural

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Probably the same "scientists" that criticised farmers for the original release saying that if it was left to us it would have been much more coordinated and successful....blah, blah blah.

IP Logged

Deer Whisperer

Talk the deer to death

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 10:50am
Print Post  
[quote author=313631222F430 link=1533500883/6#6 date=1533627427]Probably the same "scientists" that criticised farmers for the original release saying that if it was left to us it would have been much more coordinated and successful....

Bellies full of humble pie...The one positive with this epic stuff up is they make the first release by farmers look like a total miracle lol....maybe some knight hoods in order!!!!!!!! Grin

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 8:43am
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:05am:
Another worry for me  this is that we drink clorinated water everyday. What is it doing to our very important gut bacteria which affect our overall health in a huge way..

I am with you on this one bro.  On a similar note I have stopped using Aquatabs in the bush.  Just boil it or if it looks clean I just drink it and stop worrying.  My home water (Selwyn) is not chlorinated but they just chlorinated the Christchurch water and it was a huge stuff up with incorrect level higher than a swimming pool etc etc.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Deer Whisperer wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 10:50am:
[quote author=313631222F430 link=1533500883/6#6 date=1533627427]Probably the same "scientists" that criticised farmers for the original release saying that if it was left to us it would have been much more coordinated and successful....

Bellies full of humble pie...The one positive with this epic stuff up is they make the first release by farmers look like a total miracle lol....maybe some knight hoods in order!!!!!!!! Grin

Grin Grin I can see them now. the irony.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
saw 3 rabbits tonight in a wee reserve I shoot...managed to pot one of them that was silly enough to sit still .410 insert in the .12ga did the bizo quite nicely...she was in milk so had a nest somewhere and also had 5 inside so pretty good value from the single round fired.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2018 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Lead poisoning seems to be more effective than the virus.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards