Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic help for max objective size for sako optilocks? (Read 239 times)
wake
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

help for max objective size for sako optilocks?
Jul 27th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Hi can anyone one help me with this.
I have a sako 30-06 and I am wonting a new scope with the biggest objective I can go with either one piece 25mm Or 30mm optilocks.

IP Logged

Sauer

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: help for max objective size for sako optilocks?
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Surely Optilocks come in several different heights and you just buy the appropriate height for your scope.

Unless you are going to be shooting in very poor light, a very large objective is no real advantage, and just makes the scope heavy.

IP Logged

10-Ring
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Sako Optilocks come in two flavours. The lightest being the Optilock ringmounts which only come in one height which is about medium and is the lowest Optilock you can buy. The other option is the Optilock bases and rings. However, even the low is higher than the ringmount version and they're heavy.

The Sako ringmounts will mount a scope with an objective up to about 50mm. All Optilocks are well made and have plastic inserts which prevent marring of the scope tube for those people who don't lap their scope rings. If you must have the Optilocks then I would strongly suggest you buy the ringmount version; unless you have scope with a 56mm objective.

Personally though, I think the Optilocks are way overpriced and too heavy. I much prefer Leupold Sako ringmounts on my Sako rifles. Of course, gun shops typically push Optilocks as if there were no others. Some do this out of ignorance although I suspect most do it for a higher profit.

‘the price of freedom is eternal vigilance’

IP Logged

50BMG
Donor Member

12.7 x 114 - Yep I can
reach that....

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Hers a thought

Burris Z rings. Extremely strong, multi sizes, reliable and affor Cooldable.

"The brave few are Freedoms rampart for the many"  "Otherwise protect your freedoms or you will surely lose them"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards