Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Great Green Hope (Read 416 times)
Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

The Great Green Hope
Jul 23rd, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
SUBJECT: PRESS RELEASE
DATE: 23 JULY 2018
TITLE: THE GREAT GREEN HOPE?

The Green Party, as part of the coalition Government, has flipped from environmental hope and flopped into something more reminiscent of the blue-green cabal of the National government, says Alan Simmons, co-leader of the NZ Outdoors Party.

In the 270 days since Eugenie Sage, Minister of Conservation, came to power she has allowed a Chinese company to export 580 million of litres of NZ water per year in plastic bottles from Whakatane, continued to poison valuable game animals rather than allow them to be harvested for meat, watched drilling given the thumbs up in a Taranaki marine sanctuary, seen 8km of conservation land bulldozed for another mega-dairy irrigation scheme in McKenzie country and failed to intervene in a hydro company's plans to dam the Waitaha River in the Morgan Gorge.

The Department of Conservation has still failed to intervene in the planned pipeline by Okuru Enterprises, which will suck 9,600 million litres of water annually out of the Arawhata river headwaters, again to be exported overseas, despite the pipeline construction tasking place in a Kiwi sanctuary.

Unsurprisingly, Winston Peters has completely abandoned his election promises his party made; no commercial fishing within the 12 nautical mile limit, 1080 'gone by lunchtime', support for the wool industry and a stay on immigration and foreign ownership.

Under the current Government of Green Hope our seas are still plundered and polluted, land is still poisoned in greater volumes, water is bottled and sent to China in greater volumes, people are still paid a pittance and our rivers remain unswimmable.

The Great Green Hope with the Greens and NZ First in Coalition is nothing but business as usual.

The NZ Outdoors Party stands for protecting our land, seas and rivers for future generations to enjoy and to harvest, catch, grow and hunt their own food.
END

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Re: The Great Green Hope
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
pretty much sums its up Angry

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
a realistic overview.

but...  greens got a lil over 100 times the votes of outdoor party and found they cant do jack sh*t. 

to say a party stands for something and actually delivering is an entirely different thing. the greens and labour have just realised its much easier to say a criticise in opposition then to actualy do something while in power.

Question for you Alan, if next election we were to vote for your party and you got in who are outdoors party going to buddy up with labour or national?

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
We will go with whichever party gets the most votes But only if we get the changes we want. We are not looking for a job so no concessions then no go.. The things we have stood for will be important to us.  Ie we want a stop to aerial 1080 and more use of bait stations etc.. we want culture change at doc and in the fishing industry. If we don't get it then no go... I believe a lot of election promises were never advanced instead ministerial positions took precedent.  Their desire for power compromised their promises made to their voters.

IP Logged

Richard Prosser

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 7:49am
Print Post  
I would concur with that, Alan.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Thanks Richard. I feel integrity is very important and has been lost from politics. You know exactly what I'm talking about Smiley For us its about keeping National or Labour moving back towards our New Zealand values and environment. We are not against development as we perceive the Greens to be. We do want more consideration given though to the NZ way in any decisions. Personally I don't believe NZ has to follow the rest of the world in what it does. We should be doing it our way so we continue with our unique way of life. To me continuing to fill our oceans with plastic bags is just wrong and why the government just doesn't stop it... I bet we get to the next election without FA done about plastics. Same with stripping our ocean of fish. We need commercial fishing but our fish are being sent to china... not feeding kiwis.  It must be frustrating for you to watch what is happening and know the dreadful lack of integrity that corrupted the NZ First initiatives in that space.
Anyway by the Outdoors party being there we are making some good ground with the major parties talking to us now and as the political landscape changes we will continue to challenge and hopefully lead in the moderate green space.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards