Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic LED flashlight for night shooting (Read 638 times)
Rockyw
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

LED flashlight for night shooting
Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
I am looking at purchasing an LED flashlight & mount to fit on my Ruger 10/22 for shooting rabbits at night. I have a Magpul X22 stock on the 10/22, and was hoping to find an M Lok fitting to fit the light to the side of the stock, but no one seems to have this fitting in NZ,  I also seen mounts that fit the light to the scope, and a bewildering array of different brands of lights.
Any one have any experience with LED Lenser P7.2, Sure Fire, Nitecore, Fenix, ultrafire, trustfire or others, I need suggestions on what to buy, that is reliable, not too heavy, and gives a good light with reasonable battery life.

IP Logged

stug
Forum Font

Re: LED flashlight for night shooting
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Maxtoch, end of story. Look for the Maxtoch thread on here.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
seen a nightcore spotlight kit at the local battery place but was overpriced, cant seem to find it online tho. that would be ideal as small, light single 18650 it came wiwith pressure switch 3 different mounts and nightcore D2 with 2 batts.

maxtoch will be too big and heavy for what you want and waaay overkill for a 10/22

IP Logged

possum_shooter
Forum Senior

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Maxtoch m24. Use on all my rifles both centrefire and rimfires.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Yes. We've shot thousands of bunnies with Maxtochs and never a problem. Weight no issue on rimfire or centrefire. 

Rocky - I have put a fuller answer to the question you put on the other hunting site. Scroll down a bit.  Maxtoch has long superceded led lenser etc - 2X or M24 (wee bit lighter) models both great - I use both:

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.nz/f15/what-led-flashlight-mount-best-night-...

IP Logged

scottrods
Forum Font

Aim small, Hit small

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
I have a Maxtoch M24 sniper on the top of the scope. And a Red LED WF501 slung under the barrel close to the suppressor. The latter works close in on skittish bunnies and easy to see around your feet when walking around.

Kids who learn to Hunt and Fish,
Don't learn to Steal and Deal.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards