Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Headlight upgrades (Read 252 times)
Southendstalka
Donor Member

Headlight upgrades
Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Just looking at upgrading my headlights on my 09 BT50 as the current ones are rubbish.
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with a NZ company for this and if so who?Pretty keen to get something locally if possible as opposed to OZ.

Cheers

IP Logged

Cambo
Forum Font

Life is natures way of
keeping meat fresh

Re: Headlight upgrades
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Be aware NZTA has changed the regs for WoF's, again, so now LED bulbs and HID kits are not legal. Basically if the light isn't factory spec it can't be used.

In saying that, you can get away with fitting higher wattage halogen bulbs but you will need a relay kit to stop the wiring melting.
Drive around with the fog lights on as well is another option (if you have them fitted)

Most modern vehicles have crap lights. Their cutoff patterns are so sharp there is very little spread of the lighting.
We have heaps of complaints regarding lighting and there is basically nothing we can do about it.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Southendstalka
Donor Member

Re: Headlight upgrades
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Oh really that seems crazy that they would do that,surely having better lights enables you to see better/drive more safely.

Cheers for the heads up falla,guess I'll just have to get some seperate spotties then.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards