Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tikka T3x accessory soft touch pistol grip & bevertail forend compatible with t3 lite? (Read 421 times)
Good keen bloke

I love my Tikka T3

Tikka T3x accessory soft touch pistol grip & bevertail forend compatible with t3 lite?
Jul 21st, 2018 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I have a t3 lite that I want to pimp out a bit. It already has accessory adjustable cheek raise which is great but the rest of the stock needs improvement. I like the look & feel of the t3x SFT stock. Guncity sell accessory beavertail soft touch forend & pistol grip the same as what's on that t3x sft model.
My question is:
Has anyone added these t3x accessories to a t3 lite successfully, can it be done?
Cheers

7mil is the ultimate pill

IP Logged

Sayonara
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

Re: Tikka T3x accessory soft touch pistol grip & bevertail forend compatible with t3 lite?
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Not without extensive mods.   Buy a second hand T3X stock.  They come up at round $100-$150 on TM.  Then, the T3x world is your oyster.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Re: Tikka T3x accessory soft touch pistol grip & bevertail forend compatible with t3 lite?
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
All the people that upgrade to the fancy carbon fiber stocks sell off the old ones.  It would be worth checking with your local firearms retailer as they may have swapped stocks on rifles before they leave the store.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Good keen bloke

I love my Tikka T3

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Sayonara wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:38am:
Not without extensive mods.   Buy a second hand T3X stock.  They come up at round $100-$150 on TM.  Then, the T3x world is your oyster.

It turns out the beavertail forend does fit straight onto t3 stock but you have to drill a hole to secure it. But the pistol grip is no go.
Thankfully as you said new unwanted t3x stocks are for sale on trademe & I bought one this morning for $120  Cheesy

7mil is the ultimate pill

IP Logged

10-Ring
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
I have a brand new T3x stock for sale. $140 plus postage.

‘the price of freedom is eternal vigilance’

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards