Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shooting coaching idea (Read 4258 times)
Walker
Donor Member

Yum T-rex

Re: Shooting coaching idea
Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Grin Grin good point Greg,  this is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun.

Just do it

IP Logged

50BMG
Donor Member

12.7 x 114 - Yep I can
reach that....

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 9:38am
Print Post  
So if you are interested, let me know. Several PMs to date support the idea. I am happy to do group or individual work.

I have just purchased a very large property near Pahiatua which will afford shooting to 4000 metres. I am working on a neighbouring property to be able to increase that. Accommodation (10 bunks) with good amenities is available.

"The brave few are Freedoms rampart for the many"  "Otherwise protect your freedoms or you will surely lose them"

IP Logged

Walker
Donor Member

Yum T-rex

Reply #17 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Sounds very nice, hopefully the venture will pay off for you. There has been an intrest in longer range hunting in the last 15 or so years combined with tactical rifle matches becoming popular so it should hopefully supply a resonable clientel.

Just do it

IP Logged

50BMG
Donor Member

12.7 x 114 - Yep I can
reach that....

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Walker

Thanks for that, I have quite a number of people enquiring.

Generally, most issues come down to the firer and these can be identified and rectified using a .22 of reasonable quality. The basic truths of good marksmanship are not dependant on calibre or brand.

Once the human element is working correctly, the issues of rifle fit, adjustment and function can be resolving using the specific rifle and ammunition.

What most do not realise is that the vast majority of training can be done remotely and costs are not at all prohibitive. A good camera and some basic equipment is required but most who are Long Range enthusiasts will have this already. The hardest thing to find is an observer/ Training partner.

"The brave few are Freedoms rampart for the many"  "Otherwise protect your freedoms or you will surely lose them"

IP Logged

50BMG
Donor Member

12.7 x 114 - Yep I can
reach that....

Reply #19 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 7:24am
Print Post  
A few PMs indicate a bit of uncertainty.

I have no preconceived ideas as to what can or can't be covered and no predetermined course or body of training. I have had the very good fortune to make an extremely good living based on developing and using a set of skills and tools that gives me immense satisfaction.

I am open to helping anyone anywhere with any aspect of shooting technique, firearm/kit selection, firearm build or fit, ballistics, load development in any combination you want. It can be a simple as just checking out an individuals trigger control and follow through right through to the most demanding skills such as aerial marksman at night engaging fleeting targets.

As far as cost goes I have already said that this is not a business per se but I will look to have reasonable costs covered.

Similarly, location is no important. I spent three weeks living in a septic tank in Northern Ireland in the early nineties. I have slept inside a rotting animal during an arctic storm. I am comfortable anywhere.

I have taught groups of over 100 so one or one hundred students, it does not matter. Big groups take a lot of time to get round everyone though.

Pm me to arrange whatever.

IP Logged

andyanimal31
Forum Senior

There is no such thing
as the frezeer is to
full!

Reply #20 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Gillie wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 8:03pm:
Sounds awesome 50BMG.
Give me a ring Simon I should be able to help you! Cheesy
Personally I am a competitive shooter mainly in the "practical" rifle shooting events currently on around the country - including 22LR, short range, medium range and longer range events. I do a fair amount of shooting but feel I could benefit from some critical "coaching" in the finer details of shooting technique.

Personally what I would be interested in is a 1 on 1 type coaching session that would cover a series of exercises designed to test or confirm the following:
Fundamentals (NPOA, breathing, trigger control, etc.)
Wind (natural indicators, flags, terrain effects, kestrel, basically I could do with a simples systematic approach to assessing wind effect)
Ballistic calculator validation (what I use is close... but doesn't seem to be perfect. between inconsistency in scope adjustments, atmospheric variables, wind effects I feel my ballistic solution could be refined)
Finally my unconventional shooting positions or positional shooting could always use more practice and input from a more experienced shooter.

As I see it my biggest inconsistency in my shooting is me and I would rather spend time / money / effort in improving my shooting ability rather than spend that time / money / effort on flasher reloading gear and shooting small groups from a bench.

Offer something along these lines and I'll be interested.

IP Logged

50BMG
Donor Member

12.7 x 114 - Yep I can
reach that....

Reply #21 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Hello

PM your contact details. We can then work out a suitable plan.

I am not and will not be doing fixed or "one size fits all" type training as that of little use. Shooting is too subjective and personal once you get past the intermediate level of proficiency.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards