Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Eugenie Sage (Read 3796 times)
Vulcan
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Eugenie Sage
Jul 16th, 2018 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Just had an email from HVDA, sounds grim. She sounds very anti-hunting pro twig and tweet, more 1080. Sounds like she wants all mammals gone, being a greenie that probably includes us.

IP Logged

spearo
Donor Member

Re: Eugenie Sage
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 8:07am
Print Post  
You just gotta look at the history of hunting in NZ,, not very often things go our way and we have a political win....

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
spearo wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 8:07am:
You just gotta look at the history of hunting in NZ,, not very often things go our way and we have a political win....

And its going to get worse, with the current Minister

IP Logged

XRhunter
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
But when we DID have someone in our corner, hardly any of the forum users backed them to get back (or in for the first time) in Parliament......Cant have your cake and eat it too Huh.

IP Logged

Vulcan
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 8:22am
Print Post  
XRhunter wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 5:54pm:
But when we DID have someone in our corner, hardly any of the forum users backed them to get back (or in for the first time) in Parliament......Cant have your cake and eat it too Huh.

I'm a paid up member of the outdoors party.

What pisses me off is many of these greenies in power don't even represent an electorate, so nobody has specifically voted them in based on they themselves. They got in on the back of the green party. So we end up with a bunch of useless nutcases getting into parliament who haven't had to present themselves to the public.

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Wouldn’t exactly the same apply to the Outdoors Party - their only route is List seats?

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

davflaws
Donor Member

NOT Training for SAS Selection

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Oscar wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 8:31am:
Wouldn’t exactly the same apply to the Outdoors Party - their only route is List seats?

Yeah - but the Outdoors Party are the good guys and the Greens are the evil bastards.

IP Logged

Vulcan
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
davflaws wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 9:18pm:
Oscar wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 8:31am:

Yeah - but the Outdoors Party are the good guys and the Greens are the evil bastards.

Exactly Wink

IP Logged

Raptor
Donor Member

Falcons are Neat

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Yes but there are more of 'us' than you  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Raptor wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 7:17pm:
Yes but there are more of 'us' than you  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Exactly. The "yous" are very thin on the ground and likely to remain so.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Raptor
Donor Member

Falcons are Neat

Reply #10 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 5:39am
Print Post  
And at last we have (for only the second time in living memory) a minister that is a conservationist first and politician second!  Wink
www.stuff.co.nz/environment/105577646/national-portrait-long-apprenticeship-of-t...

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Raptor wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 5:39am:
And at last we have (for only the second time in living memory) a minister that is a conservationist first and politician second!  Wink
www.stuff.co.nz/environment/105577646/national-portrait-long-apprenticeship-of-t...

but shes elected and paid to be a politician though and thats her role.  if she wants to be conservationist first politician 2nd she should go back to f&b and continue to lobby for change.

When politicians let their own emotion influence decisions thats when bad things happen and thats how most left politicians work. emotion overcomes rationality, science and the majority view.

IP Logged

Raptor
Donor Member

Falcons are Neat

Reply #12 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Gonehunting - you've got to be joking when did any politician listen to science and the majority!
They mostly all think with emotion and not the head - how can I save my job, what will get me the most votes. You only have to think about the referendum about the number of them we want, what about the Canterbury Region Council, voted in by the majority yet were sacked by Dr Dick (and Donkey) and replaced with their own 'dirty dairying farmer friendly' commissioners. Angry
At least Eugenie knows the issues (and the science) is prepared to get things done for our unique and very threatened native biodiversity. Just a shame half of the 'new' money will be wasted by DOC. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #13 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Raptor wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:00am:
Gonehunting - you've got to be joking when did any politician listen to science and the majority!
They mostly all think with emotion and not the head - how can I save my job, what will get me the most votes. You only have to think about the referendum about the number of them we want, what about the Canterbury Region Council, voted in by the majority yet were sacked by Dr Dick (and Donkey) and replaced with their own 'dirty dairying farmer friendly' commissioners. Angry
At least Eugenie knows the issues (and the science) is prepared to get things done for our unique and very threatened native biodiversity. Just a shame half of the 'new' money will be wasted by DOC. Lips Sealed

The creature is a ****** extremist and will agree with whatever science she likes the sound of.
We certainly do have totally different views eh,that's what makes life so good  Smiley

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #14 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Raptor wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 5:39am:

Quote:
The best moment was the enthusiastic briefing from a DOC pest programme manager talking about being able to organise 1080 drops without having to go cap in hand for the budget each year.

It was the flow-on effect. DOC could give its helicopter companies and other contractors the same security to invest in their own staff and businesses. "Now he can just focus on the job rather than worrying about whether the funding will be there to do his job."

This is the outcome of “hunters”, generally, carelessly burning our political capital. Chickens, roost, etc.

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards