Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Waro submission extension (Read 539 times)
kiwishooter
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Waro submission extension
Jul 2nd, 2018 at 8:06pm
Print Post  

DOC have extended the deadline for Waro submissions, those that have made a submission thanks, now we need you to get your mates and their mates to make a submission.

The final day for submissions now is 16th July at 5pm (see email below)

It isn't only hunters that have this extension it is also Waro operators.

So be specific about which areas you want excluded from Waro operations and why. Remember that Waro operators can request that areas excluded at the moment be included for Waro operations, so support the areas that are excluded also.

Sent: Monday, 2 July 2018 2:03 p.m.
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: Extension of date for submissions on 2018 national WARO permit

In response to feedback received from WARO Operators and stakeholders, it has been decided to extend the period for receiving submissions to 5pm on Monday 16th July 2018.

John Blue
Manager
Permissions and Statutory Land Management
Department of Conservation - Te Papa Atawhai

If it ain't broke, I can fix it 'til it is!

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Re: Waro submission extension
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 6:22am
Print Post  
From Gordon George LNIRDF president to members of the LNIRDF

Quote:
Hi Guys
Some of you may already be aware but DoC have now changed the deadline, shame they waited until after the north island deadline and made us all bust our butts to get to meetings and lodge submissions on time. Very hard to sustain confidence in their competence.

I will be suggesting to our guys to take the extra 2 weeks to round up more submissions and add supplementary notes to any already lodged submissions should other issues be identified. More on that tomorrow. Seems likely they only extended it after the WARO guys also bleated. If any of you need guidance please get in contact.

Spread the word, we need bulk hunter input Ė our ability to mobilise large numbers of people is what most concerns the WARO guys and DoC and while the department continues to persist with the present conflict inspiring WARO regime we need to make best use of every advantage we have. It was DoCís choice not to proceed with the comprehensive review they promised us and also the high court, make them rue that decision.

Thanks
GG
NZDA Hutt Valley and LNIRDF

Numbers count. There may not be another opportunity for the next 10 years.

IP Logged

gimp
Forum Font

Stay frosty

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Donít the sample concessions on the DOC website have a 3 year term? What have I missed and where does 10 years come from?

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:22am
Print Post  
gimp wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:36am:
Donít the sample concessions on the DOC website have a 3 year term? What have I missed and where does 10 years come from?

Good question. I enquired of DoC the status of those sample concessions and was advised they were the 2015-18 documents and 'would likely form the basis of the new ones' .

However, nothing definitive was provided, so I guess those who wish to can submit/advocate for say a 10 year term. IMO not a risk worth taking, so its useful if we do make the point that 3 years is plenty.......

As an aside I expect those concession documents will get a bit of an overhaul....even on compliance/statutory provisions they are out of date with respect to the applicable health and safety, and rural fires legislation and liabilities.

IP Logged

gimp
Forum Font

Stay frosty

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
One thing I strongly suggest submitting on is extending the duration of roar closure periods to include all of March/April at least in all cases. 23 March - 9 April is a meaninglessly short closure. Access dates are actually within the scope of what is being consulted on, so if there is a lot of pressure to change these it may be listened to.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
gimp wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 9:36am:

Gimp, the 3 year term in 2015 was to allow from a national review of WARO. which was cancelled by DOC
The normal timeframe is 5 or 10 years.
Prior to 2015, the previous renewal was 2009.

WARO are asking for 10 years, I believe and DOC are considering it.
If it is 10 years, DOC avoid this hassle with hunters longer

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards