Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) submissions on WARO, poor turn out so far !! What the hell !! (Read 1826 times)
allroundslayer
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

submissions on WARO, poor turn out so far !! What the hell !!
Jun 27th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Went to dear stalkers meeting last night, sounds like there has been a poor turn out for people placing submission on waros future out of the 48 deer stalker branches in NZ only 10 have done anything! whats up with that? and only a handfull of other people seem to give a toss... Next time I see someone having a moan on this forum about WARO i would love to ask the question did you sent a submission in or do anything to protect our hunting Cry . You still have to the 30th of June 2018 to at least right a submission.

IP Logged

Sneaka

I love short range hunting

Re: submissions on WARO, poor turn out so far !! What the hell !!
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Absolutely pathetic alright. As for NZDA being the national voice. What a joke. They are dropping the ball left right and centre. Do I sound frustrated. We all should be. I would go so far as to ask the question you just mentioned when people moan about anything on this forum.

IP Logged

hunter08

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
I don't know how to write one & i can't spell it take me hours to write a page of stuff down so I always put in the to hard  barsket & I think a lot of hunters wold be like that they be very pratil but srugal to write formal emails & send them in & that y doc have it over hunters

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
maybe someone can put up a standard letter for people to copy and send off

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 7:49am
Print Post  
This is partly  from other thread

Quote:
As a general principle, areas readily accessible and frequently hunted by Recreational Hunters – should be closed to WARO

Three Year Term;Insist on a 3 year term only, for the new permit period. The last permit term was reduced to 3 years, too allow the promised national review of WARO by DOC. But they reneged on that. We are insisting that the cancelled review is resurrected. Current WARO has proven to be unsustainable and the ongoing Boom and Bust Non-Management approach by DOC is not achieving effective deer control or considering the role of recreational hunting.

Velvet Period; insist on extended closure period over summer, to protect stags in velvet. ie Close in November, open January.

Target Hinds, not stags. Removing stags does virtually nothing for deer control and only removes potential for improving antler quality. Removal of hinds only would see a significantly increased control of deer, that the current Stag harvest does.

Additional Closures/Restrictions; submit ideas for areas currently open to WARO, that should be totally closed, or restricted (ieg spring/summer closure)

existing Closed/Restricted areas; don't assume areas previously Closed to WARO and still proposed for Closure in next permit period, will stay that way. The opposition (WARO) may put up an argument that existing Closed areas should be open. History has shown, DOC are only too willing to keep those guys happy at expense of hunters

Poaching; DOC should monitor hunting of all operators (GPS track logs) to ensure deer are not taken illegally.

Send to you local DISTRICT DOC  Office,or Regional Office

IP Logged

hawken 50

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Done twice. A full submission on 19th to Nicole Sutton (DOC) and got an acknowledgement and a supplementary submission to Toogood with no acknowledgement. I could not make the LNI meetings unfortunately but with the guidelines on here it really takes minimal time and effort. Thanks TH I plagiarised you unmercifully.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Email contacts to send submissions to

Quote:
Southern South Island  John Roberts jroberts@doc.govt.nz

Eastern South Island David Agnew  dagnew@doc.govt.nz

Western South Island Joy Comrie  jcomrie@doc.govt.nz

Northern South Island  Jo Gould  jgould@doc.govt.nz

Lower North Island Nicole Sutton nsutton@doc.govt.nz

Hauraki/Waikato/Taranaki  Andrew Styche  astyche@doc.govt.nz

Central North Island  James (Hemi) Barsdell  jbarsdell@doc.govt.nz

Northern North Island Hamish Eglinton  heglinton@doc.govt.nz

To make more general comments, email permissionschristchurch@doc.govt.nz

IP Logged

allroundslayer
Just Joined

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Thanks Tararua hunter for all the info

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Very poor rec hunter turnout for the DOC WARO meeting on Thurs morning - only 6 of us there - but three of them from Mountain River Processing. Those guys had some good info about how they receive game from WARO operators and the logging of gps tracking for each animal.
Can't believe all the hunters in chch - only 3 of us? Short notice - yeah, during working hours - yeah...but one chance. Hopefully the Rangoria meeting went better? Make up for it by putting in a submission guys - must beat the low submission input from hunters re Heli Hunting years ago? How many rec hunters on this forum  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
allroundslayer wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
Thanks Tararua hunter for all the info

+ 1.

Sent mine to both the general email address (permissionschristchurch) and the relevant regional contact.

I have a few mates who are capable of stringing the odd sentence together, but just can't be persuaded to do so for this exercise. At least 2 of them claim that they took the trouble to do so when the 'Deer Plan' was open for comment (2001?) but felt that the outcome from that was clear that DoC didn't take a blind bit of notice to what a significant number of submissions requested ..... and so concluded that its futile.

IP Logged

allroundslayer
Just Joined

Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Hey Max, good on ya for sending something into Doc ,

Tell ya mates doing something is better than doing nothing!!

Change will happen at some point and it maybe this time or maybe next who knows but it will always stay the same if we don't speak up at some point. cheers

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Guess its easier to whinge lots/ be outraged and pretend to give a crap on social media then it is to do something  Smiley

duno why you lot even try,  kiwis are too lazy, entitled and selfish to get together andwhelp a cause.  30yrs ago it wouldve worked nowa days youre dreaming.  buy a chopper or learn to shoot from 1 you may as well join em and have some fun

IP Logged

allroundslayer
Just Joined

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Haha, Classic ! gone fishing i mean sorry gone hunting haha

IP Logged

Penguinbait

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
We should remember that WARO and DOC will be motivated and organised and they will be ensuring there are plenty of submissions favouring their positions.  Seems there will be bugger all favouring our views, if the details on the forum are anything to go by. 

Thats how it works, - they (DOC) can say they received 500 submissions in favour of unlimited WARO everywhere, and 23 against, which then justifies them doing what they want to.  Unless someone like like TH puts in the yards and raises funds to mount a legal challenge or judicial review. 

Apathy will cost us.  If you don't submit - don't complain.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
allroundslayer wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 6:55pm:
Haha, Classic ! gone fishing i mean sorry gone hunting haha

Mayby I should change my name lol.   but seriously trying to challenge the politics of ANYTHING in this country is now impossible, unless you can make it a media worthy issue 24/7 nothing will happen and they will get their way. Other alternative is legal fight like TH has/is doing but that costs alot and if you start a cheque book war with a taxpayer funded department youre guna lose as they will just keep apealing until youre outve funds

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards