Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Carbon tensioned barrel for Ruger 10/22 (Read 189 times)
Rockyw
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Carbon tensioned barrel for Ruger 10/22
Jun 14th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Hi, I am looking to put an aftermarket barrel on my 10/22, was looking at Green Mountain, Kidd, and volquartsen, but I want it threaded for a moderator, and the US barrels are either not threaded, or use a different thread so my moderator wont fit. Then saw an add for a NZ made Ranger carbon tensioned barrel, with integrated moderator. They claim this barrel is as accurate as an aftermarket bull barrel. Does any one know who the barrel is made by, and has anyone had first hand experience with this barrel good or bad ?

IP Logged

SakoLove
Donor Member

Sako Vixen .222, Tikka
T3 .308

Re: Carbon tensioned barrel for Ruger 10/22
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
you could easily just buy an unthreaded barrel from the US and get it threaded here?

IP Logged

Flintlock
Donor Member

Re: Carbon tensioned barrel for Ruger 10/22
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
SakoLove wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 11:48pm:
you could easily just buy an unthreaded barrel from the US and get it threaded here?

Carbon wound barrels are made of a skinny stainless barrel with a lot of carbon fibre wound over it ,to give it strength and rigidity,
there is usually a stop washer at each end to hold the fiber in ,so there is no room for threading unless planned for in manufacture

Shooting is the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on .
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards