Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DoC Implicated in Spying Scandal? (Read 2238 times)
Max
Donor Member

DoC Implicated in Spying Scandal?
Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
This will presumably challenge the Minister?

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1804/S00261/doc-prying-spying-gets-caned.htm

On the one hand she will be keen to see 1080 operations proceed unimpeded, but this sort of stuff is generally anathema to the Greens?

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Re: DoC Implicated in Spying Scandal?
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Blame the last Government and move on?

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Oscar wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:53pm:
Blame the last Government and move on?

Yep, the current Govt  most often still seem to  rely on that line in response to parliamentary questions..... so at this point there would be no surprise in them continuing to do so on this matter.....however, if DoC feel that they need to continue to engage spooks to protect their people (and get the job done?) then I expect that will test the Greens?

Or maybe they'll just carry on, and use the apparent need to employ spies as an illustration of the nut cases they are up against?  Undecided

IP Logged

Vulcan
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Waaa waaa we've got no money! then we find out the throw away money on a PI firm.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
If some hunters and some of the anti 1080 brigade behaved and debated like normal people there would be no need for investigators. Remember when we point a finger at DOC some are pointing at ourselves.

People have no idea about the idiotic threats made against DOC in general and against some specific staff. And idiotic actions.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Salmoner
Donor Member

I love salmon fishin

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
BC wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
If some hunters and some of the anti 1080 brigade behaved and debated like normal people there would be no need for investigators. Remember when we point a finger at DOC some are pointing at ourselves.

People have no idea about the idiotic threats made against DOC in general and against some specific staff. And idiotic actions.

Totally agree.

A guy i know works for DoC, he says put a DoC sign on something and some idiot will go out of there way to smash it .

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
However if you have ever had a public opinion on 1080 then I suggest an OIA request to doc asking for all information they hold on you. I'm going to do it.  I know responsible people who have gone public with their views and then been visited by the police on behalf of doc.  I would not be at all surprised this company is behind it... so bang off a OIA request you might be quite surprised.

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 10:11pm
Print Post  

If DoC and TBFree / OSPRI / AHB behaved like normal people there would be a dammed sight less 1080 and brodi chucked all over the countryside and no need for them to be spying on normal New Zealanders who have every right to protest over the grossly abnormal poisonous practices of the above named agencies and their civil service cohorts. It could be fairly stated that a great number of affected New Zealanders actually consider the DoC and the AHB / OSPRI/ TBFree agencies are actually the REAL Idiots; not the other way 'round. I am very pleased indeed to see an investigation of the spying on New Zealanders by DoC and other civil servants. Shades of Big brother.
  Threats etc made to DoC and their poisonous mates are the inevitable result of and from a percentage of persons who have been made to feel helpless, affected and threatened by DoC and Co' themselves and perhaps see no other way of being heard. Such percieved mistreatment of people by DoC and AHB and their associates goes back over more than a decade. Chickens now come home to roost and I for one hope big brother chokes to death on the feathers and chicken shit.

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
huntnfish wrote on Jun 20th, 2018 at 10:11pm:

If DoC and TBFree / OSPRI / AHB behaved like normal people there would be a dammed sight less 1080 and brodi chucked all over the countryside and no need for them to be spying on normal New Zealanders who have every right to protest over the grossly abnormal poisonous practices of the above named agencies and their civil service cohorts. It could be fairly stated that a great number of affected New Zealanders actually consider the DoC and the AHB / OSPRI/ TBFree agencies are actually the REAL Idiots; not the other way 'round. I am very pleased indeed to see an investigation of the spying on New Zealanders by DoC and other civil servants. Shades of Big brother.
  Threats etc made to DoC and their poisonous mates are the inevitable result of and from a percentage of persons who have been made to feel helpless, affected and threatened by DoC and Co' themselves and perhaps see no other way of being heard. Such percieved mistreatment of people by DoC and AHB and their associates goes back over more than a decade. Chickens now come home to roost and I for one hope big brother chokes to death on the feathers and chicken shit.

Very well put Huntfish.

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #9 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Huntnfish mate. No doubt the private contract spies will be monitoring this site as well. It is extremely concerning that civil servants are hiring private dicks when we have a NZ Police Force. An iron fist needs to come down very severely on the civil servants responsible for this spying behaviour. I hope the     Labour coalition has the balls to follow this through to the bitter end and that certain civil servant general managers end up behind bars for this.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #10 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Your subjectivity and bias has not allowed you to seperate out the issues huntnfish.

Nothing justifies threats and actual actions that might or do endanger people, and when these occur its reasonable (from my perspective) for the threats to be investigated. When the police do not have the time or resources it is reasonable to use a private agency to investigate in order to ensure the safety of staff.

You may extrapolate what ever conspiracy theories out of this that you wish, but it won't alter the basic principle of the need for these agencies to protect their personnel from harm.

The fact that there may be an inappropriate relationship between Thompson and Clark and some agencies is seperate from this, and I agree that it does sound a bit dodgy.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #11 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:51am
Print Post  
I must disagree BC with your first three sentences. Any perceived  threats are first and foremost a police matter and if the NZ Police are shorthanded it is their responsibility to acquire assistance within the lawful boundaries of our constitution.
I note your reference to suggest "My" bias and a further attempt to denigrate by using the term "conspiracy theory"; but in fact these terms have come from you personally, not me, and not any person in the anti poison or anti spying side of things. I suggest you stick to sound facts and take care to look at  the historical parallels to these activities by government employes here and elsewhere. I again assert that the civil servants responsible for this "private" spying should be prosecuted to the limit of our laws. Also BC, remind yourself that this issue is "across the board spying" of New Zealanders including those affected by the Canterbury Earthquake insurance debacle and other issues not at all related to 1080 poison or DoC.
Finally, I don't see there is any separation of issues with any private spying whether they are hired by DoC or any other public servants to monitor New Zealand citizens when NZ Police should be used.
I view the implications of these spying and related activities by DoC and other civil servants independently of NZ Police as extremely serious. Nobody needs any sort of conspiracy theory to justify being very concerned about these activities. It is real, no matter how much arse covering, red herrings and smoke screens get put up by the spin doctors.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #12 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Interesting. Your interpretation is to "spy", which carries with it an intention to distort the truth and to cause harm.

My interpretation is to "investigate", carrying with it an intention to seek the truth and to avoid harm.

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #13 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Word play BC. Recognise it for what it really is. Public servants going back door snooping; around/ avoiding  the NZ Police service, to privately monitor any citizen they choose and by any "private" means; and at said public's cost. It's very serious.

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #14 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Other than looking up public information, like some of the stuff posted on social media (which includes this Forum), what sort of spying have they been doing?

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards