Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic mumble mumble (Read 766 times)
264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

mumble mumble
Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:51am
Print Post  
it was a hectic few days(madhouse)i needed to get all my stuff of the land as the new owners were taking over,,when it settled down i wanted to take my two friends from the north isl to the hunters for a bit of r&r
so where are my two suppressors that go on big bertha????luckily i still had one hidden away for my falling block and that is what i took.
up the mountain and a bit down the other side my old mates(one is a yr older the other one 1 yr younger)they quit on me so i carried on to my look out and after a while 2 reds hoofed it as my two mates were yakking away two to the dozen,,then it was all quiet up there and soon two fallow appeared at 404 yrds,,a wallaby and the not long after the rain started a lovely 11 pointer(red)climbed up the hill thru the scattered stuff to lie down at 310yrds,,i climbed back up the side to see Alan all set up filming the grey skies,,showed him my pic of said 11 pointer and pointed out the location,,rumpy will put pic up but says hes too busy to go shoot the stag,,all i know is that theres no time like the present and as we all know he will be long gone in two weeks time when hes got the time,
altogether a good wee walk to clear the head from a bit of stress

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

live free or die
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: mumble mumble
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Good to hear you've recovered from our adventures Les,lol  Grin
Hope your move works out well for you
Look forward to your reports and can't wait to see your pics

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:00am
Print Post  
And this is his picture. I reckon he's a young fella and will be better next year.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Rumpy wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:00am:
And this is his picture. I reckon he's a young fella and will be better next year.

Won't we all?  Wink

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
got to agree Rumpy....if it survives the choppers etc it could well be a beaut.

IP Logged

seventenths
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Well done LEs... with you moving... those Fallow and Sambar are in trouble!  Undecided

“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards