Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Molesworth Again!! (Read 1084 times)
Cantyguy
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Molesworth Again!!
Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Is anyone able to provide any info on the Marlborough DSA post poison aerial survey. I can't understand why there has been no follow up and no further information released. Too much political pressure?

Digital Hunter...in search of the perfect pic

IP Logged

puddleduk

Re: Molesworth Again!!
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Will be finished and released in the near future as I far as I know. Ospri conducted a helicopter survey during February in and outside of the poison area as well. Also no poison in there this year as previously planned.

IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
puddleduk wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:39pm:
Will be finished and released in the near future as I far as I know. Ospri conducted a helicopter survey during February in and outside of the poison area as well. Also no poison in there this year as previously planned.

No poison at all or just in area previously poisoned? Looking forward to seeing more info. Thanks for the input.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Yes, there should be an update from Marlborough NZDA - at least to the donators. 47 people donated $7,000 on Give-a-little to fund the research.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Was advised by a participant in the pest control industry from the CNI that "he had heard that Ospri had contracted Landcare to look at the effects and they observed truckloads of dead deer.....".

I can accept that co*k-ups occur, and also prefer the view that 'co*k-up over conspiracy' is usually the underlying cause of balls-ups, but I do think its useful if incidents like this is reported to be are subject to daylight.

IP Logged

puddleduk

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Cantyguy, the area that was to be poisoned this winter, Bush gully,five mile,Yarra, big bush and more etc  will not happen this year.

BC I think as a donor I did get an update a few weeks back.

Max this wasn’t just a co*k up, 2kg/ha was used. 0.5 kg/ha wiped the deer out on the neighbours about 2013/14. Ospri were told in writing by many people during the consultation period that what happened would happen. They still went ahead.

This deer kill is nothing new, just very little cover to hide the results in there like a lot of places. Also a bunch of people who care about the deer and the recreational hunting in there stood up and through the right channels did something about it.

IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:33am
Print Post  
puddleduk wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
Cantyguy, the area that was to be poisoned this winter, Bush gully,five mile,Yarra, big bush and more etc  will not happen this year.

BC I think as a donor I did get an update a few weeks back

Max this wasn’t just a co*k up, 2kg/ha was used. 0.5 kg/ha wiped the deer out on the neighbours about 2013/14. Ospri were told in writing by many people during the consultation period that what happened would happen. They still went ahead.

This deer kill is nothing new, just very little cover to hide the results in there like a lot of places. Also a bunch of people who care about the deer and the recreational hunting in there stood up and through the right channels did something about it.

Good news, thank you.

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
puddleduk wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:04pm:

BC I think as a donor I did get an update a few weeks back.

That's good. Be good to see that daylight I referred to?

IP Logged

m robbo

Young Hunter Climb High

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Great to hear some external pressure has some got some second guessing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards