Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Powder for cast lead shooting (Read 347 times)
jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Powder for cast lead shooting
Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Hi guys. have made a heap of ,284 cast lead bullets. Looking for an alternative powder to Trail boss. I have used 2208 previously but really small amounts and results accuracy wise were not that impressive. fitted gas checks to these bullets so can drive up to around 2000 fps. Any ideas? Load advise?  Wink cheers

be good...And careful

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Re: Powder for cast lead shooting
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
I THINK its ap20 that guys use....a shotgun powder...someone will chime in soon. trailboss does the bizo for me.

IP Logged

shooternz

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Powder for cast lead shooting
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:25am
Print Post  
ADI 2206H/H4895 is one of the favourite powders for cast bullets in the US, Be careful with cast in 7mm's the twist rate is too fast and leads the barrels badly  at velocity over 1600fps unless the lead is very hard add antinomy to your mix to harden it, If you want to shoot animals they will be too hard to expand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards