Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Waro meetings (Read 2029 times)
Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Waro meetings
Reply #15 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
What hunters don't seem to realize, is the Peter Dunne, when associate conservation minister did a lot more for hunters than anyone has done previously.
That might now be saying much, but he did have a positive influence on DOCs attitude to recreational hunting

He got no thanks for that, from hunter. In fact a lot just  seemed to whinge about the GAC, chargers for hunting, , I'll do what I like blah blah

Well now, DOCs got a tame Minister so don't expect anything to improve, infact its more than likely going to get worse, for hunters

And the more apathetic hunters become, the more they will be ignored.

IP Logged

Huntsouth
Forum Font

Reply #16 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
When Pete Dunne visited the North Canterbury branch a few yrs back and probably others too, he fought the anti Heli Hunting battle for us but when it came to the election received bugger all support from rec hunters. Now the Outdoors Party trying to fight for hunters/fishers - but few wanted to throw one of two votes their way? What is Labour/Nats/Greens doing for recreational sport? Nothing?

IP Logged

scottrods
Forum Font

Aim small, Hit small

Reply #17 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 9:35am
Print Post  
yeah, we sold our inheritance for a morsel.
NZDA position I believe is WARO is an important factor in game management but needs better controls.

Fundamentally control of deer numbers needs to take more hinds than stags but WARO operators are never going to agree to stop taking stags in velvet and the current framework allows them to do that.

WARO operators are under pressure from reduced areas they can operate due to a buffer zone requirement between poisoned areas and WARO areas. WARO does subsidise reduced chopper costs for foot hunters flying in, perhaps to the edge of RHA zones.

Kids who learn to Hunt and Fish,
Don't learn to Steal and Deal.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #18 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
WARO does subsidise reduced chopper costs for foot hunters flying in, perhaps to the edge of RHA zones.

not mine thy don't, Scottroads Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards