Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ali gaiters (Read 474 times)
num

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Ali gaiters
Jun 7th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Hi all looking at possibly picking up a pair of the swazi ali gaiters and wondering if anyone on here uses them and what they think of them etc?

IP Logged

The OC
Just Joined

Re: Ali gaiters
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I use neoprene fishing puttees, one of the best investments I've made. Keep the water out in those gnarly steam crossings and provide good ankle support.

IP Logged

num

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Thanks oc but some of the knarly country i hunt Iím not sure how neoprene will hold up.

IP Logged

tim37
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
been using them for about 2 years now. very light weight and comfortable. lost one of the under foot wires very early on and don't use them at all now but have no problems with the gaiters staying in place around my boots. only problem with them that I have found is the zip has no protective layer over it so even crossing shallow creeks the water tends to come through the zips. but they are holding up well and I will probably get another pair when these eventually wear out

IP Logged

The OC
Just Joined

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
num wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:58am:
Thanks oc but some of the knarly country i hunt Iím not sure how neoprene will hold up.

I've had no problems but some like Hunters Element may not hold up.

IP Logged

Tom N
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Yeah used a pair for about two years, as above, the zip leaks, but is minimal if you're quick.

They're nice and light, and dry quickly, and aren't too hot in summer.

My only bad point with them is they're a bit fragile in tight bush, twice I've ripped mine on small sharp sticks poking out from stumps. The fabric is very wear resistant, but it's not super tough when it comes to that sort of this.

I've just replaced them with a First Lite pair, they went well after 7 days in Tahr country, apart from a small rip while wearing crampons, which no brand would stop.

ďA man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.Ē

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards