Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic WTB - Rifle (Read 827 times)
SakoLove
Donor Member

Sako Vixen .222, Tikka
T3 .308

WTB - Rifle
Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Evening all,

works a bit quiet at the moment, was looking at purchasing a cheap rifle that has issues that owner cannot be bothered or find justifiable to fix to do up.
Preferably bolt action, however ill consider anything.

please if you know of anything drop a comment below with the issues and your price and ill gladly consider it!

Cheers,

Hunter

IP Logged

300wsm for life
Donor Member

I Live for the Nelson
Lakes

Re: WTB - Rifle
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
You looking for a project rifle?

IP Logged

SakoLove
Donor Member

Sako Vixen .222, Tikka
T3 .308

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 12:48am
Print Post  
300wsm for life wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 6:05pm:
You looking for a project rifle?

Essentially, yeah. doesn't need to be anything flash at all

IP Logged

ChrisHB
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Just be careful you don't end up with an unfixable problem like a stuffed barrel or missing/broken parts that are unavailable.

IP Logged

SakoLove
Donor Member

Sako Vixen .222, Tikka
T3 .308

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
ChrisHB wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:48am:
Just be careful you don't end up with an unfixable problem like a stuffed barrel or missing/broken parts that are unavailable.

depending on whats wrong with the barrel, I can fix. I have access to suitable lathe and mill, depending on the part could potentially replicate. But yeah hopefully I can gauge how bad the rifle is and whether its in my capabilities to repair.

IP Logged

Nor-West
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Some nice Mauser rifles for sale on the other forum I think a nice 7x57 is still unsold.

Still out here in the wind and rain, look a little older but I feel no pain...

Warren Zevon

IP Logged

noelfj
Forum Font

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:06am
Print Post  
I have a Remington 742 in 30-06 it has been converted to a pump and all is fairly fine and dandy, except the extractor is a bit dicey and some of the fitments are not quite sellable. If you have a mill and a lathe and choose to return it to a semi-auto then a new gas block could be made.
If it was myself it would be a screw on part like the Mini Ruger.
I have two fore ends, the original fore -stock, stock nut spring.
And so on and so forth.
The rifle as it stands can be stripped in a minute or so and thus the chamber can be cleaned, it took a fair bit of mucking around to get it to reassemble to the same point of impact.
I do not want to part with it unless I can replace it with another project firearm, pistols (C), or some thing interesting.
If I had a lathe and mill I would modify the extractor, perhaps make it like the colt 45 auto or the Sako bolt action rifle.
This rifle is good for one to two inch groups.

IP Logged

SakoLove
Donor Member

Sako Vixen .222, Tikka
T3 .308

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
noelfj wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:06am:
I have a Remington 742 in 30-06 it has been converted to a pump and all is fairly fine and dandy, except the extractor is a bit dicey and some of the fitments are not quite sellable. If you have a mill and a lathe and choose to return it to a semi-auto then a new gas block could be made.
If it was myself it would be a screw on part like the Mini Ruger.
I have two fore ends, the original fore -stock, stock nut spring.
And so on and so forth.
The rifle as it stands can be stripped in a minute or so and thus the chamber can be cleaned, it took a fair bit of mucking around to get it to reassemble to the same point of impact.
I do not want to part with it unless I can replace it with another project firearm, pistols (C), or some thing interesting.
If I had a lathe and mill I would modify the extractor, perhaps make it like the colt 45 auto or the Sako bolt action rifle.
This rifle is good for one to two inch groups.

Hey mate, apologies but I have nothing I could offer in regards to your request above. Did you have a cash price, and if so, how much? Do you reckon you could send through some photos?

Cheers,

Hunter

IP Logged

noelfj
Forum Font

Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 8:02am
Print Post  
No to good at the photo bit, can send a photo by ordinary email out side of this forum. As to value I have no idea, but say = to Rossi 92, or a s@w 455 or a cash offer on sight.
I do not want someone to go from here disappointed, or even worse to receive it and wish the deal was not done.

IP Logged

SakoLove
Donor Member

Sako Vixen .222, Tikka
T3 .308

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Gonna PM You Noelfj!

IP Logged

awaterelad
Donor Member

bloody work, i should
be hunting

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
i have a sako a7 in 260rem, i had a 243 rebarrelled with a truflite, 20inch with gunworks suppressor, has a boyd laminated stock, it shoots very very well, i wanted to get a lighter stock for it, however the cost i thought was too much, and the balance i thought would be too out of whack, so i bought a new 6.5 creedmoor instead, i have a rough idea what the a7 is worth,  if your not keen on it ill advertise it on trade me before too long

IP Logged

SakoLove
Donor Member

Sako Vixen .222, Tikka
T3 .308

Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
awaterelad wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 9:47pm:
i have a sako a7 in 260rem, i had a 243 rebarrelled with a truflite, 20inch with gunworks suppressor, has a boyd laminated stock, it shoots very very well, i wanted to get a lighter stock for it, however the cost i thought was too much, and the balance i thought would be too out of whack, so i bought a new 6.5 creedmoor instead, i have a rough idea what the a7 is worth,  if your not keen on it ill advertise it on trade me before too long

Cheers for the offer mate, however I was hoping for a fixer-upper.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards