Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hunting boots (Read 2690 times)
Gibson
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Hunting boots
Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2018 at 9:31am
Print Post  
I brought a pair of Lowa Camino GTX about 6 years ago for hunting Tararuas and Remutakas in North Island.

They are still going basically like the day I brought them, less wearing on the sole of the boot from walking. I would definitely buy another pair if I was in the market again.

I do about 6 trips a year in them, each trip ranging from 3 to 7 days. Like all my gear, these boots get cleaned and oiled religiously after each trip

Thats my experience

IP Logged

Sayonara
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Have had 3 trips in the La Sportiva Vajolets I bought recently.
Amazing boot.   Winter hunt last week and dry feet after plowing through 1/2 - 1 metre of slushy snow.
Good gaiters though, which helped.

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #17 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
nubuck leather is not leather,,it breaks down fast,,road to disaster read the blurp re genuine leather as its the absolute best

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards