Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hunting boots (Read 2946 times)
simontrevor
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Hunting boots
Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Hey everyone i know theres a few threads on boots but couldnt find many recent ones.

My meindl butans have come to the end of there short life. Wasnt that impressed with them really. The rand blew out within a few months, probaly my fault as they were a bit narrow fitting. The stitching is falling to bits and a few of the hooks for the laces have snapped.

But anyway im after a set of hunting boots and see theres a few new boots out now, i do like the lowa tibet boots and they fit pretty well, but the cheapest price i can get is $650NZ is there any similar boots at around 500 or less anyones had a good run with?

Cheers simon

So many places so little time.

IP Logged

stug
Forum Font

Re: Hunting boots
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Have a search around on overseas boot stores. You use to be able to get Lowa Tibets to your door for under NZ$400.

IP Logged

Sika 9
Donor Member

Onwards and upwards

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
What overseas shops are you talking about and are good to deal with?

Every hunt is successful, pulling the trigger is a bonus;)

IP Logged

simontrevor
Just Joined

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Cheers ive had a bit of a search but will try again. I guess you would want to keep it under 400 or you would get taxed bringing them in.

IP Logged

stug
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Yip, remember that a number of countries don't charge VAT/GST on international orders. This can save 19% of the price.

IP Logged

simontrevor
Just Joined

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
True true sweet. Also saw ez direct nz have a few similar boots for sale anyone dealt with them?

IP Logged

fat ninja

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Try outfittersstore.nz have a sale on at the mo and have some decent quality boots there

IP Logged

Sayonara
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
simontrevor wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:05pm:
True true sweet. Also saw ez direct nz have a few similar boots for sale anyone dealt with them?

EZ direct have very good prices, easily $100 - $150 less than retail and their sales service is excellent.
Their after sales service could do with an adjustment, but I only found that out after 6 years with my Haix K2's when they resoled my Haix's with a Bestard sole,not what I wanted.
But they are generally good and their sizing guide and service in that department is first class.

IP Logged

Penguinbait

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Landed Lowa Rangers for NZD$260.  If you shop around a bit - starting with ebay and amazon, you will be able to fine some good deals.

IP Logged

Wild South

Wild South

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
I've been using a pair of Garmont Dakota Lite GTX's that I got on sale at Torpedo 7 of all places. They're been amazing!

Comfy from the day I put them on (I have quite wide feet), barely let any water in, warm in winter, not too hot in summer, sturdy over rock/scree. I rate them bloody highly!

IP Logged

H.M

love geting out on the
hill

Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Have pair of hanwag alaska wide gtx boots they cost me $530 2 years ago from smith city, best boot i have owned fit my wider feet very well will be buying another pair when needed but will be awhile as these things are staying together extremly well.

IP Logged

bushwanderer
Forum Font

hunt, fish and dive

Reply #11 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I bought haix from EZ direct. Never looked back, will get another pair one day. This was after I got burned importing a pair of lowas which were the wrong size, had to sell them at a loss.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #12 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
asking about boots is pointless Imo as everyone has their favourite and a bad time with boots to varying degrees.

I prefer meindls theyve never let me down and I average 3-4 Yrs outve them with minimal love given, never lost a sole,rand, hook or stuffed stitching yet ive seen others have them fail 3wks from new.

only thing I fault them on is weight and the time it takes to dry them.  ive got hunting mates with asolos, lowas and a few other brands and its much the same story with a few bad batches amongst them but overall it just comes down to personal preference.

Any boot will benefit and last longer if you regular wax, wear good gaitors that cover a majority of laces/hooks and keep them out off sunlite when not in use and NO leaving them in hot areas, car or infront of fire as heat is the number 1 killer of boots.

IP Logged

Sneaka

I love short range hunting

Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Same here. I am on about pair number 15 in Meindls. I get a couple years out of a pair wearing them constantly and wet all the time. I reckon that is pretty good. I tried re soling a pair once but not worth the $150. They fit me really well and that is the most important thing. I was having knee problems before I went to them and it made all the difference. I bought four pairs for $250 a pair a few years back and have them stacked away quietly being brought out when needed. When I am working in crap or around stock etc I wear my old boots, not my good ones. That makes a huge difference in boot life. Buy the boots that fit you the best'. Oil them and don't let dubbin near them and you wont have problems with leather cracking either.

IP Logged

simontrevor
Just Joined

Reply #14 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Cheers guys yea is always tricky but good to know whats out there few different brands kicking round now. I ended up buying andrew zebrus from a local store havent given them a good test yet but seem like as good quality boot. Cheers for your help

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards