Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic La Sportiva Vajolet Boots review. (Read 159 times)
ashfishman
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

La Sportiva Vajolet Boots review.
Jun 4th, 2018 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Bought them on sale at half price on one of the cheapie "today Only" sites as the Haix K2's are nearing the end of life and they no longer make them.   Looked at other Haix models but none of them had any better features, other than a lower lace lock, than the Vajolets at half the price.   My Mums' a Dutch Jew and my Dad was a Scot so half price was too good to risk losing out on.
They were only available in one size and , luckily, that was right for me, I thought.
Paid for and arrived pronto.  Looked good in the box.  Wore them round work for a week to see if they would wear in before some hard yards.
Just back from 3 days up the MacAuley.
Spent a fair bit of that time with crampons on.  Warm, waterproof, great edges and a really good heel bite.  Ample ankle stability.   The rand is a little lower than the Haix's but still acceptable and they're 600gm lighter which is a huge difference.
Comfortable too, with just the supplied insole, though I may change that for the Scholls I've had in the Haix's.
Now the longevity test begins but if they came up at that price again I'd buy another 2 pairs just on suspicion of being needed in the future.
I think they are great value at $275 but I would pay the $599 full price and I'd still be getting value I think.
A summer trip with heat retention will be a further test as the feet swell and longer days means longer foray, so well see how they go.  Got a few more winter trips to do yet.
So, if you need a new set of boots for alpine hunting, consider these. 

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Re: La Sportiva Vajolet Boots review.
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 10:17am
Print Post  
What kind of Scholl insoles do you use Ash? I have a pair of tibets and the factory insole isn't much better than a piece of plywood. I've heard some guys say that some insoles can be too soft and squidgey.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

ashfishman
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

Re: La Sportiva Vajolet Boots review.
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 10:39am
Print Post  
They're the full sole with the gel inserts and a fair amount of arch support.
Round $60 worth but well worth it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards