Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic e-trex H (Read 194 times)
levactn

Be prepared-in & out of
season

e-trex H
May 31st, 2018 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Just wondering who still uses this model. Im thinking its an OK "go to" device. Would appreciate a bit of help on the fine tuning of things like set up & units etc. if there's a good web site be appreciated. I have had this buried in the wardrobe for zonks!!

sometimes i sits & thinks, & sometimes i just sits. never miss a good chance to shut-up
when your dead you don't know your dead. All the pain is felt by others. Same thing happens when your stupid!

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Re: e-trex H
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2018 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1290922308/3#3

Have a look here. Post #3 by KIWITONITA  has all the settings you need.

I have an Etrex H and although basic, with a bit of practice you will be able to input waypoints ( if you can read a map properly ) and plan routes etc. I did 8 years in SAR and it is all I ever used.

Dan.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2018 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
i use one very easy and simple, once you have taken a waypoint and want to reference that to where you are on the map read the numbers at the bottom of the unit, to learn how to read those numbers ,go to the bottom of your map it gives you an example how to read them

if you have any problems setting up the unit i can can quide you through it or send you something simple to do it

IP Logged

pope
Donor Member

SAVE A HORSE, ride a cow
girl

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards