Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic rifles in the post? (Read 250 times)
bufferzone
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

rifles in the post?
May 15th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
hi , can find an old thread but would like some up to date info, looking at rifles on tardme. whats the deal with posting and also wots the cost roughly? cheers

IP Logged

Varmint
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: rifles in the post?
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
NZ Post will not carry any firearm, firearm parts or ammo.

https://www.nzpost.co.nz/personal/sending-within-nz/prohibited-restricted-items

Fastway Couriers will, but usually only depot to depot if they know it's a gun.
It gets red-flagged in their system so they can supposedly keep better track of it.

And they want a copy of the police mail order form, which they tape to the outside of the parcel.

IP Logged

Flintlock
Donor Member

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Also if you are in a rural delivery area or aren't home to receive it ,get it sent to the nearest depot for pick up . If you aren't home and an unlicenced person signs for it there can be serious legal problems if anything goes wrong .
If you can't get time off during working hours to collect the parcel , or have someone else with a firearms licence collect it then you have a problem.
The different courier companies have delivery agreements with each other to cover areas outside their territory eg:
I have sold a shotgun to a guy from Huntley , which I sent by Fastways  , Fastways don't deliver to Huntley so they sub'd it on to Courier Post in Hamilton ,who delivered it to  the Huntley post shop for collection . It sat in the Post shop for 2 days before the guy could collect it  Shocked Shocked Shocked
PBT also ship firearms .

Shooting is the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on .
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

IP Logged

Flintlock
Donor Member

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Also if you are in a rural delivery area or aren't home to receive it ,get it sent to the nearest depot for pick up . If you aren't home and an unlicenced person signs for it there can be serious legal problems if anything goes wrong .
If you can't get time off during working hours to collect the parcel , or have someone else with a firearms licence collect it then you have a problem.
The different courier companies have delivery agreements with each other to cover areas outside their territory eg:
I have sold a shotgun to a guy from Huntley , which I sent by Fastways  , Fastways don't deliver to Huntley so they sub'd it on to Courier Post in Hamilton ,who delivered it to  the Huntley post shop for collection . It sat in the Post shop for 2 days before the guy could collect it  Shocked Shocked Shocked
PBT also ship firearms .

Shooting is the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on .
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards