Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Sheriff speaks out on guns (Read 2046 times)
Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Sheriff speaks out on guns
May 15th, 2018 at 11:46am
Print Post  
This is pretty much how I see it. Sheriff speaks out on guns.

https://www.facebook.com/mrctv/videos/1631768196846222/

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

Kahurangi

Re: Sheriff speaks out on guns
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2018 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
100% correct.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
A powerful message !

Is anyone going to listen - NO, because we have changed !

well - you bastards have - I haven't.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2018 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I think thats why we have so many young people running from the cops in cars. they seem to think the cars can crash and they can climb out unscathed as on TV or in a game...
I would get on a bus with my speargun as a 12 year old and the only question I would be asked is what to did I catch. Now they would all bail out the back door and the armed offenders squad would turn up...

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
In NZ we have a totally different gun culture to the US.
No comparison at all.

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
I thought this would get more comment than it has - maybe people are too busy on their devices to bother watching that video ?

I despair sometimes - my 12 years old got in a scuffle at school last week and got a bleeding lip - and you'd have thought the sky had fallen in. Phone calls from the Principal with both kids stood down and now my wife has to go in for an .......... interrogation.

It all started when they pulled the mural down at Starship all those years ago - Pinocchio sitting on Geppetto's lap - sent the wrong message.

Like you I would take my rifle on the bus and the driver would look to see if the bolt was out.
Last year I was walking up the road with my son, both of us with .22's slung going rabbit shooting.
Lawyer I vaguely know stopped in his car to give us a bollocking, told us it was illegal - a country bloody road for god's sake.

It ain't getting better Alan - we have a new 'normal' now and all the common sense words in the world isn't going to change that.

I hate how this country has gone, hate the new God's we've created - wealth, sanctimonious bullshit, OSH, filthy rivers, the fact Kate Hudson married someone else .... oh shit - no end to it.

IP Logged

Ol Curly

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I liked what he said ,as we are aware guns dont kill people on their own you just need some misguided nutter behind one and unfortunatly there seems to be plenty out there wanting  to make a name for themselves. How ever the U.S, has a different culture when it comes to firearm ownership. Just my 2 cents worth Sad

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Is this a topic for the section "Hunting in New Zealand""?

I move 1080 threads after a couple of days to  "politics" to keep this section clear for hunting topics, and the boss posts this.  Tongue Grin

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Baz wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
In NZ we have a totally different gun culture to the US.
No comparison at all.

agree, the USA has bout 800 times more gun deaths a year against New Zealand. Are you argueing that that every individual in  the USA also has 800 times the risk of being metally ill than in New Zealand ?  Roll Eyes

They have shit gun control. Too many guns are in the hands of too many idiots. End of story.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

XRhunter
Donor Member

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Yes, we have completely different gun cultures, but I agree with him that society has changed. Big time. We see it here increasingly. Some change is inevitable. But the enormous explosion of violent programs, be it just on TV or increasingly in on-line or video games where the line between fiction and reality has become completely blurred has to take a lot of the blame. Games such as GTA make enormous money out of allowing people to live vicariously as a crim Angry
Then there's the sea change of how violence is portrayed: go view a 1960's James Bond move, then  the latest one. And they are pretty tame compared to some other more extreme films. But of course the hero always gets up ready for more, when in reality any one of those hits would see him out for the count. Shocked
Our TVNZ programmers can take some of the blame: show me a TV series showing here that's made in America and doesn't have everyone toting hand guns? Sad And using them regularly Angry Angry

We can all remember a time (can't we?) when the carriage of weapons on public transport, or indeed in public was seen only for what it was: a hunter going to or coming back from a hunt or the range. Now armed police turn up when someone walks down an urban street with an air rifle in a sheathed carry case Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
How would you feel about arming the school teacher that looks after your child all day.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

Reply #11 - May 15th, 2018 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
headcase wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
How would you feel about arming the school teacher that looks after your child all day.  Roll Eyes

Now you’re talking!! 👍

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
He’s slightly wrong though.
Guns have changed.

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2018 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
I think some of you guys are missing the point - the Sheriff talks about guns, but in essence what he is saying encapsulates all of what is going on in society.

Spread his words like butter and you'll find the fat bastard up the road who pays me to mow his lawns - and the bloke the other way who is far too important to indulge in such menial work.
I like these useless bastards - I send them a fat arse bill every six months.

My kids have town visitors who've never climbed a tree, never thrown a line in the water - never been outside in bare feet.
And they all arrive with their cell phones and their games which zap their brain, screwing with their neural pathways until they've lost any capability of doing anything meaningful - and my kids love them because they get to play with stuff they don't usually see.

When was the last time you saw a neighbour live in a tent or caravan while he built his house.
District Council's have made that almost an impossibility with Resource Consents and all the other bullshit involved.
And so it goes - as far as you can see.

There will always be those who shine, but getting fewer by the day - and that is exactly how they want you.
Eat their bullshit with a knife and fork, then spoon it down from a desert bowl - and when it all comes home to roost, get your useless life artificially enhanced by all the new wonder drugs, then swap your house for a wonderful life in an old peoples room in an expensive village until you snuff it.

And that's what that Sheriff was talking about.

I've just made myself despondent.

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2018 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
SF90 wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
I think some of you guys are missing the point - the Sheriff talks about guns, but in essence what he is saying encapsulates all of what is going on in society.

Spread his words like butter and you'll find the fat bastard up the road who pays me to mow his lawns - and the bloke the other way who is far too important to indulge in such menial work.
I like these useless bastards - I send them a fat arse bill every six months.

My kids have town visitors who've never climbed a tree, never thrown a line in the water - never been outside in bare feet.
And they all arrive with their cell phones and their games which zap their brain, screwing with their neural pathways until they've lost any capability of doing anything meaningful - and my kids love them because they get to play with stuff they don't usually see.

When was the last time you saw a neighbour live in a tent or caravan while he built his house.
District Council's have made that almost an impossibility with Resource Consents and all the other bullshit involved.
And so it goes - as far as you can see.

There will always be those who shine, but getting fewer by the day - and that is exactly how they want you.
Eat their bullshit with a knife and fork, then spoon it down from a desert bowl - and when it all comes home to roost, get your useless life artificially enhanced by all the new wonder drugs, then swap your house for a wonderful life in an old peoples room in an expensive village until you snuff it.

And that's what that Sheriff was talking about.

I've just made myself despondent.

Shit that's just how it runs,fact,fact,fact.
You are well and truly outside the square  Cool
I may just have a new friend  Grin Grin

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards