Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Predator Free Rakiura (Stewart Island) - A step closer. (Read 15958 times)
Bon
Donor Member

Re: Predator Free Rakiura (Stewart Island) - A step closer.
Reply #45 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Marty you really are a mine of misinformation. Where do you dredge it all up from, Hans Willems articles?

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:29am
Print Post  

Quote:
I know that you have experience from the NZFS days. You will never convince me that you believe that the deer just stayed around, waiting to be shot, in the same catchment the hunters were operating, until some big-wig in Wellington pulled the hunters out and stopped the hunters eradicating the deer from that catchment.

We all know that didn't happen. The deer moved away from the hunters. The more often the deer were hunted the faster the deer moved away. This is why the same overall tallies were being recorded, year after year, after the initial decline in deer numbers.

This is also the reason why, in areas deer are actively hunted, the vegetation has recovered, even though the hunting effort/deer is the same as other less hunted areas where the deer are not forced to keep moving, onto new grazing, and the vegetation is degraded.

WTF Grin Grin
Even Hans Willems wouldn't think of that, Bon Roll Eyes

what planet are you on Marty?

Quote:
DOC has continued with the situation, inherited from NZFS, with the exception that DOC has not been able to follow on with the planned slaughter of deer, with 1080, on the scale that was planned and is still wanted by the extreme greenies.

NZFS stopped poisoning trials for deer back in the 1960s, as I recall. It was a political decision.

NZFS stopped employing deer shooters as they thought they would be allowed to kill deer with 1080.
nzfs stopped shooting deercause WARO did it for free FFS

[quote]
TH...We are in agreement. The only reason why NZFS goat shooters were retained was because 1080 didn't kill goats.
that's as stupid as the previous fantasy
1080 kills deer, but official deer control ops use either foot shooting or S&D

I surrender, marty I should know better

I liked the wolve story much better Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Banned

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #47 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Bon wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:17am:
Marty you really are a mine of misinformation. Where do you dredge it all up from, Hans Willems articles?

Nope....I had to look up Hans Willems to find out who you are talking about.

Try personal experience in the bush and many years of dealing with DOC, AHB/TBFree/OSPRI, Regional Councils and their aerial application company offspring, F&B spokespeople, real-life bushman and hunters, etc.

Many of my leads come from people working within the government owned poison industry, that will talk to me because I will never dob them in by using information that can be traced back to an individual.

All I do then is ask questions and make OIA requests until I can get to the truth about what is going on.

Pretty simple really, even if it is time consuming and frustrating at times. The poisoning industry has built a set of rules about how to make sure information is not readily available and they use arguments, that distract people from the problems they are creating, in a way that people only see what the poisoning industry want them to see, even if that sight is not the real truth of what is happening.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Many of my leads come from people working within the government owned poison industry, that will talk to me because I will never dob them in by using information that can be traced back to an individual.

I suggest you stop talking to them Marty, theyre leading you astray

stick to something you know something about. perhaps trapping? Smiley

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Banned

Reply #49 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

I suggest you stop talking to them Marty, theyre leading you astray

stick to something you know something about. perhaps trapping? Smiley

Tell me then TH....Why the EPA reports I quoted from show a deliberate attempt to distract the NZ Public from the fact that the aerial 1080 programme was not "saving" Orange-fronted parakeet.

For 3-4 years DOC recorded that there "was no substantial decline in the OFP numbers". It was only in the last year reported that it became obvious that DOC had not been able to find any OFP for a number of years.

The DOC reported statement, about no substantial decline on OFP, was correct, except DOC failed to report that there can be no decline, what-so-ever, substantial or not, if the population was already at zero.

DOC was even dropping 1080 over rat populations that were less than 5%, when the target was 5%, and then DOC claimed that the 1080 control was successful because the post-1080 result was below the target of 5%.

See what I mean?....DOC paints a mental picture that they know is not true and when someone comes up with some well thought out alternative thoughts, backed up with facts created by DOC monitoring results, DOC does, what you are doing, and ridicules the messenger and starts painting another false picture to be consumed by the naive and unwary.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
See what I mean?....DOC paints a mental picture that they know is not true and when someone comes up with some well thought out alternative thoughts, backed up with facts created by DOC monitoring results, DOC does, what you are doing, and ridicules the messenger and starts painting another false picture to be consumed by the naive and unwary.

marty, the "well thought out alternative plans" is your opinion. Don't expect everyone to believe you, but keep it up

But, stop the fantasy's like the wolves/deer culling. Your only conning "the naive and unwary".
and stick to the topic

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Banned

Reply #51 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

marty, the "well thought out alternative plans" is your opinion. Don't expect everyone to believe you, but keep it up

But, stop the fantasy's like the wolves/deer culling. Your only conning "the naive and unwary".
and stick to the topic

It wasn't that long ago that you were complaining about me making comment without facts, created by DOC, to back them up. After months and years of sending OIA requests into DOC, I am receiving the documentation that you wanted me to present. NOW, you are the one that is making comment without supporting documentation and you are not even addressing the information, contained in the DOC documents, that I am presenting.

Another interesting thing, about the Orange-fronted parakeet recovery plan, is that in the introduction it goes into some detail that the plan is a document written in order to promote public discussion. DOC then doesn't publish the plan and, therefore, public discussion cannot happen as the public doesn't have access to the document that was written in order to promote public discussion.

Your whole approach seems to be to shut down any public discussion that doesn't agree the work that you did when you were working within the government owned poison industry.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
Your whole approach seems to be to shut down any public discussion that doesn't agree the work that you did when you were working within the government owned poison industry.

your definition of Facts is different to mine. everyone doesn't have to believe you.
when you post rubbish like the goat culling, that clearly know nothing about, don't be surprized if  someone challenges it

like I said, stick to trapping
That's enough from me. this has gone way off topic  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards