Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic browning 300wsm (Read 367 times)
264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

browning 300wsm
May 9th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
its a pussy
picked it up yesterday from davos in timaru but by the time i got back home and swapped scope off the kimber it was late and then this morning i ran out of windage so pulled it all apart and turned the rings around to get back on track.
bore sighted and then did a fouler at 25 yrds with winchester 150 super x,,now this was a surprise,,no kick just a gentle push but did jump a wee bit
set up the chrono and registered 3129,,the box says 3270
then it was 3129
3167,,so thats 8 shots
then i fired a 180 gr federal (power shok) to get the speed (2982)
the box says 2980,,right on the button and it hit right on the nose,,so bugger the 150ies
all up nine shots and no sore shoulder or ears because i wore earmuffs Wink
so browning got the stock and decelerator right,,also had a wee muzzle forward suppressor on it
all the crap you hear of getting beat up is not on with this rifle
i had ordered 165 and the 180ties but the 165ers were all gone from the importer
look out mr bull
smiddy,,can you give me your thoughts on different projectiles,,txks

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Re: browning 300wsm
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2018 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Sounds great. What's your suppressor?

I use 165 NBT and 150 Barnes TTSX in my 300saum. Nothing wrong with the NBT but prefer the Barnes and they work good out to 450 yards or so. They don't splatter lead all over the show in the meat.

The 180 NBT would be pretty good too I imagine. I used them in a 300win mag a few years ago and they were the deal.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
BC wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 11:13am:
Sounds great. What's your suppressor?

I use 165 NBT and 150 Barnes TTSX in my 300saum. Nothing wrong with the NBT but prefer the Barnes and they work good out to 450 yards or so. They don't splatter lead all over the show in the meat.

The 180 NBT would be pretty good too I imagine. I used them in a 300win mag a few years ago and they were the deal.

suppressor was or is a dpt muzzle forward

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
does your other DPT not fit????of has rifle got iron sights???
all sounds great,look out you cheeky bull thar...the old fellas bangsticks got legs now Grin Grin

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2018 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
does your other DPT not fit????of has rifle got iron sights???
all sounds great,look out you cheeky bull thar...the old fellas bangsticks got legs now Grin Grin

yep all fits just have to get the time to experiment with other one and extra baffles

IP Logged

Tom N
Donor Member

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2018 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Les,

Are you going to work up some loads for it?

Hear from a mate that owns one, he loads the 208gr ELD-M for his, gets a great run out of them.

My 300Win Mag doesn't like them, so I've gone with a 178gr ELD-X, 3 shots same hole Cool Cool

Time to do some experimenting mate....

Cheers,
Tom

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2018 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
I saw the new Browning the other night, it was pretty. Glad it doesn't beat you up Les, Look out to the local tarz.

.270 WIN AWESOME SINCE 1925 "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards