Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cunning old bugger slips up (Read 1274 times)
madpig
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Cunning old bugger slips up
May 8th, 2018 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Get a call from the farmer saying they had seen a good pig in the spotlight up behind her house but couldn't get a shot. jet black boar about 100lbs she reckoned, he was a cunning old bugger that had been chased plenty of times and had legs on him like Usain. i had chased him around about four times, dogs pulled him but then he would break and blow them off in the thick blackberry. One night after work i decided to go for a quick walk with my mate Gingernut he hadn't been out all year and was chomping at the bit to get out. i pick him up around 4pm and we head out sun was just starting to set as we arrived. I collared the dogs and drove another 200m down the road to a gate where i knew he was living above, all three of the dogs jump the gate and take off straight to where i had got onto him many times before hand . Dozer came back while Dot and Burt tracked around up in the thick blackberry i heard them hit it and he ran straight down, running just above the track i let Dozer go she runs straight up the track then it was all on, big scrap and grunting only 50m in front of me and the Gingernut, on the track!. i drop the gun and sprint up there Dozer had him well and truly, tucked in and holding awesome her and the pig were just spinning in circles Dot and Burt still about half a minute behind, i grabbed him, as i grabbed him Burt arrived and grabbed him on the head holding with Dozer. We managed to flip him and Gingernut did the deed. He had a stonker of a jaw for the area he came out of. Went 115lbs the two sisters Dozer on left, Dot on right

IP Logged

sars

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Cunning old bugger slips up
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2018 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Mean. Got to be happy with that.  Cool

IP Logged

Maddoghunter
Donor Member

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2018 at 7:48am
Print Post  
👍👍😎

IP Logged

Duxbac

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Not a bad set of hooks on the bugger either mate.

AIM  
IP Logged

kaitieke1
Just Joined

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2018 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
well done bro

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards