Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Kuiu Chugach NX Rain jacket (Read 392 times)
shane 300RUM
Donor Member

Kuiu Chugach NX Rain jacket
May 6th, 2018 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Looking at ordering one of the above , any body got one ?
What is there sizing like compare to nz sizes dont wont to order wrong size cheer

IP Logged

Tom N
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Kuiu Chugach NX Rain jacket
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2018 at 11:53am
Print Post  
My Mate has one, and rates it highly. I was going to go with it also, but ended up going with the First Lite Seak Jacket, awesome bit of kit, and after a day of torrential rain in Fiordland while jet boating/hunting I was the only one dry at the end of the day!

The other boys were all wearing Swazi. and took them two days to dry out.

The main reason I went with the First Lite, if it was the wrong size, the Points South guys were more than happy to change it, bit harder when dealing with some one from the states, not to mention the time frame.

Kuiu are top bits of kit though.

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.

IP Logged

JoshC
Forum Font

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2018 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Yeah I do, and the pants as well, really like them. Best wet weather gear I have owed, although not as durable. Wouldn't want to spent a few days wearing it in west coast scrub, it'd fair not so well I think.  Sizing is normal.

IP Logged

RuahineRowan
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Don't have the Chugach but the NX. Best rain gear I've owned, spent 8 nights in the Kaimanawas with mostly crappy horrible weather(never dried out) this roar and kept me dry hunt after hunt. It seems to dry out very fast and hold basically no water(just damp) and even if it is damp on the inside it never soaks through to the mid layer. Good rain gear you can get for the likes of the Kaimanawas where everything is wet and rotten and rains every 2nd day. Packs down super small too.

IP Logged

shane 300RUM
Donor Member

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2018 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Cheers for the feed back guys, RuahineRowan that nx jacket is half the weight of the chugach something for me to think about

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards