Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cz 452 vsBrno model2 (Read 418 times)
poodle
Donor Member

meat is murder, tasty
tasty murder.

Cz 452 vsBrno model2
May 5th, 2018 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I am looking to get a decent bolt action .22. For the same price he has a new cz452 with a tasco 4x scope or a second hand Brno model 2 with a leupold varipower scope. Both look very tidy. Both are wood and blued barrel, both are threaded.
What would people choose?
I am going for .22 lr because it is a good calibre to learn to shoot with and I can affordto use up a bunch of ammo learning to shoot with it.

IP Logged

10-Ring
Donor Member

Re: Cz 452 vsBrno model2
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Obviously depends on the condition of the Model 2, especially the bore. Also, the year of manufacture; 1956-68 being better made overall than the 1970's Model 2's when quality declined. The fact the Model 2 has been threaded for a suppressor lessens it's value if it's an early 50's 60's Brno. 

I personally prefer my 1957 and 1963 Brno's to the modern day CZ 452 although the latter are well made accurate rifles. 

Your call.

‘the price of freedom is eternal vigilance’

IP Logged

foxhound

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:18am
Print Post  
I have the CZ and well made accurate rifle. Lots od Bruno,s at the range on comp days. I think they shoot equally as good and you wont be kicking yourself which ever one you buy.

IP Logged

seventenths
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
I bought a CZ452 a few years back and absolutely love it. It'll be the .22 which gets passed down to the kids.

I find it very accurate and well made though its taken a bit of use to smooth out the cycling of the action.

A mate went and bought a Norinco JW15 which is the CZ copy, their a cheaper option and with his rifle we found no difference in accuracy. There were a few things whihc needed smooting out but once that was all done... its been a mean wee gun.

If I needed another bolt action .22 then I'd seriously look at one of those but I'm not disappointed in my CZ452!

“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards