Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Astro or alpha track and train (Read 673 times)
southotago hern

Meat hunter for life

Astro or alpha track and train
Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Hi all just looking into getting a gps and I reckon I can tell the tax man that I need a new hot collar for work. But what i want to know is peoples views on which units are better ive been told that touch screen's are a bit of a nightmere with wet fingers and rubbing on clothe's ect .

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Astro or alpha track and train
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
both have pros and cons. touch screen is easier to use but as youre aware they are a bitch when wet but never had a problem with it messing around getting rubbed on clothes.
I just hang mine around my neck and pop it inside my top or jacket when its wet and 9 times outa 10 I dont have an issue with using it.

IP Logged

Pigs
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
From what I have heard the coms and range is pretty much the same as each other. A huge negative about the Astro is that you cannont use the training features (shock vibrate and beep) I personally haven’t used the new Astro but I own a alpha 100 and wouldn’t change the touch screen is good and nice and big.

IP Logged

Brendan
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
I agree.  The bigger screen helps to view things a bit easier.  With the astro you end up rubbing the markings off the buttons.  The smash proof screen protectors are good value on the alpha.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards