Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic on the range (Read 400 times)
264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

on the range
Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:02am
Print Post  
myself and dave went to mt studholme looking for a couple of deer id spotted several days ago while overniting
but first he came over to check his 243 just in case
i had just build a rather high sitting stand/benchtop for my 150 yrd range and had brought a nice wee red rifle rest with a few bells and whistles(good stuff)any way he had some 100 core loct,,over the crony his rounds registered
which surprised me as i would of thought that they would have much nearer to the 3000 mark
i dont think he cleaned his barrel properly of oil on first shot for it to register so high in comparison
the drop could be significant at 3/400 yrds if one was expecting somewhere in the region of 3000fps

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

MeatHunta
Donor Member

Re: on the range
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Remington are going broke, so they are saving money on powder  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards