Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Newby (Read 667 times)
Splashboy
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Newby
Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Good morning everybody. I am from South Africa and live in a town called Margate on the southeast coast if South Africa. I enjoy my saltwater fishing and fish primarily from sandy shores or accessible non-dangerous rocks. I primarily target large predatory species which includes sharks as well.

My reason for joining your forum was to, if possible, obtain some first hand knowledge on how to fish, where to fish, what tackle is needed and what bait is used in the Wellington area. I will be visiting my son who lives and work in Wellington for just about the whole month of April and possibly do some fishing as well.

Thank you in advance.

IP Logged

ICEMAN
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Newby
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Splashboy wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:22pm:
Good morning everybody. I am from South Africa and live in a town called Margate on the southeast coast if South Africa. I enjoy my saltwater fishing and fish primarily from sandy shores or accessible non-dangerous rocks. I primarily target large predatory species which includes sharks as well.

My reason for joining your forum was to, if possible, obtain some first hand knowledge on how to fish, where to fish, what tackle is needed and what bait is used in the Wellington area. I will be visiting my son who lives and work in Wellington for just about the whole month of April and possibly do some fishing as well.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Splashboy,

You will enjoy the shore fishing around NZs coastline, setups will be same or similar to what your using.

Baits will be dependent on what your targeting,  Unfortunately your timing is getting close to when spiny dog fish start showing up, but some good snapper fishing is available on the sandy beaches. hopefully someone from Wellington area can give you a heads up.

IP Logged

Splashboy
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Newby
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Iceman,

Thank you for your reply and the info provided. Snapper would be a nice edible for me to target. I am sure some guys in Wellington will be able to assist.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards