Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) DOC renege on promised review of WARO (Read 6680 times)
scottrods
Forum Font

Aim small, Hit small

Re: DOC renege on promised review of WARO
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 7:47am
Print Post  
I'm an NZDA member and I think our NATEX is getting more and more out of touch with the rank and file members.

Yes, as said above some of them believe to be in a close relationship with DOC is better than shouting from the outside. There is some truth that if we scream too much they will simply ignore us, but what seems to be happening is that we still aren't having a voice, even while we have the relationship. So what is the point?

Kids who learn to Hunt and Fish,
Don't learn to Steal and Deal.

IP Logged

awaterelad
Donor Member

bloody work, i should
be hunting

Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
for what its worth i just became a paid up member of lnirdf, sounds like there might be more court time coming up to pay for. keep up the fight people

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
awaterelad wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 4:47pm:
for what its worth i just became a paid up member of lnirdf, sounds like there might be more court time coming up to pay for. keep up the fight people

Am in the process of doing it now 'cept I don't do internet banking because I'm too bloody dumb - so cheque it will be.

And - you're a bastard because I was going to do it tomorrow.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

Reply #18 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
docs not as silly as people make them out to be, Hunters arent silly either just stupid. youre dealing with a govt department and theres only a few things that sway them, $$$$, heads on chopping block and an election but only if someone gets in that would make it a gamechanger and to be honest it wont happen for years.

IP Logged

JustcallmeDoris

Hunt'n, Fish'n, Shoot'n,
Spear'n....

Reply #19 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Good luck getting DOC on our side.  The current Minister of Conservation may well be instructing (and funding) DOC to cull deer, inasmuch as current legislation allows... but watch this space - I'd bet that in this term, or best case their next, they will amend legislation to allow deer to be obliterated.  See previous forum post to read her speech on the GAC legislation: http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1334119165/all

"So we believe that our conservation lands should be managed to protect their indigenous ecosystems and provide for a range of recreation, not managed as game preserves for hunting. These game preserves are in direct conflict with the purpose for which conservations lands are managed, and that is to protect our natural indigenous ecosystems, wildlife, and habitats."

From her second speech on the GAC bill...

"But our major reason for opposing it is that it introduces multiple use management on the public conservation estate and that it is at odds with the whole thrust of conservation legislation and the Department of Conservation’s statutory purpose, which is to protect and preserve natural and historic resources and our unique indigenous biodiversity. Because animals like tahr and deer are being changed by this bill from being recognised as a problem and as having an impact, through their browsing on our high country soils, on our indigenous species, into being seen as more of an asset of value, we are going to see significant conflicts between the Game Animal Council and the Department of Conservation when it wants to undertake culling and control operations and when it wants to do aerial 1080 operations to control possums. The Game Animal Council, in seeking to protect its stakeholder interests, is likely to oppose that."

IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #20 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:04am
Print Post  
gonehuntin wrote on Feb 28th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
docs not as silly as people make them out to be, Hunters arent silly either just stupid. youre dealing with a govt department and theres only a few things that sway them, $$$$, heads on chopping block and an election but only if someone gets in that would make it a gamechanger and to be honest it wont happen for years.

DOC aren't silly at all - they have an agenda and they will steamroll any opposition to achieve that - DOC will never be on our side.
And hunters aren't silly either - we are apathetic and to a degree that is because we don't know what to do.

The courts are going to be where a lot of what we will be able to do is decided - hence my supporting the LNIRDF.
Whether my support for them is the correct decision is something I don't know, but just sitting on my arse wondering where all this is going offers no comfort - so I have taken a step - and hopefully it's in the right direction.

IP Logged

Grandad
Forum Font

sonofthemist

Reply #21 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Well said SF90.

The fraternity of shooters is rather like the fraternity of blind men -- each one walks alone.&&: Ian Niall.

IP Logged

seventenths
Forum Font

Reply #22 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Well said SF90

Like you... i also had to look up the LNIRDF

https://www.lnirdf.org.nz/

“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children."

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #23 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Just made another donation. They actually seem to get stuff done, even though they've just been shafted by DOC.

I can feel round two coming on.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

SF90
Donor Member

Reply #24 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Grandad wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 8:30am:
Well said SF90.

I don't believe anyone has ever said that before - thank you - and you too Seventeenths.

headcase wrote on Mar 1st, 2018 at 10:26am:
Just made another donation. They actually seem to get stuff done, even though they've just been shafted by DOC.

I can feel round two coming on.

Losses and gains mate, just gotta back someone who steps up to the plate - and one day you might see change.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #25 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Just joined also.. its not expensive and too easy.  Member numbers are also important.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #26 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the support guys. will hopefully get membership responses  sorted soon. 3 weeks  south coming up very soon Smiley
Just been in the tararuas, local WARO decided to get into it. Seemed like wherever I went, he turned up, even in a Squirrel one day, shooting
Still managed to get some venison, but I expect the stag population will be lower over the Roar, this year. Maybe then some hunters might wonder why

IP Logged

trip
Donor Member

7mm08 Tika T3

Reply #27 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
LNIRDF Is great but we need one unified National voice.

I am in no way implying that LNIRDF is not a good thing

I SWEAR IT WAS THIS BIG.......YEAH RIGHT!!!

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Reply #28 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
trip wrote on Mar 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
LNIRDF Is great but we need one unified National voice.

I am in no way implying that LNIRDF is not a good thing

quite right, Trip
NZDA is the only non govt organization, although theres one or 2 others?
doesn't seem like hunters want to be in a club, like NZDA.

GAC don't have a "membership", but maybe they will sometime.
But they still need the support from rec hunters. its only way Ministers take notice. (of likes of GAC)

Perhaps NZDA would respond differently (to government decisions) if the had a bigger membership that made its views known( to the executive).
I don't know much about NZDA workings, but does seem a lot of the members (in the Branches) are bit complacent and don't appear to be too concerned (perhaps theres to many get their venison too easily from the paddocks, and arnt to interested in the backcountry.?)

IP Logged

Krico
Forum Font

Reply #29 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Looks like another dip into the bank is called for [bTH[/b] gotta keep those DOC Policy wonks focussed that we'll call it each time they disregard the fundamentals. The Minister just has to pay attention when its brought to attention just how much money has been spend on defending the indefensible in court - especially if an Opposition Party raise it in session. DOC might be trying to hide it under the carpet with a new Minister . . .
I continue to wonder what my NZDA funds are going towards - "advocacy" means speaking out - if they are short of subjects, they could ask - I've been telling them  Huh
Happy to keep flicking $ to the LNIRDF cos at least it's doing something.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards