Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Barry Hunt (Read 1908 times)
Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Barry Hunt
Feb 14th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Passed away at his favourite spot suddenly, at Ruahine Corner in the Ruahines. Barry was a deer culler in the Ruahines in the 1060s. Not sure where else he shot.

he was my first head Man I worked I worked for in the NZFS in the Tuki Block in 1966. My first job. Russ Schofield was the Field Officer. Alan here probably worked with him also. Our base was at Moorcocks, on Kashmir Road.

Barry was a excellent hunter, and had the task of leading the beginners on the job. Must have been trained at Dip Flat, because he was a hard man on sloppy bugga's around the camp. But for those that stayed, they learnt the way cullers were expected to, of living in the bush.

Became a top dressing pilot in the Hawkes Bay, and was still flying

Good bugga, RIP Barry

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Barry Hunt
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 8:10am
Print Post  
bugga... I knew Barry well I took over the block from him.... rip Barry.....

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

Wanderer

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Only met Barry once. It was at Ruahine Corner a year or maybe even two back, while I was in checking some of the stoat trapping lines in the area.
He was staying in for I think it was 14 days with a couple of mates. Though I'd only just met him he soon made you feel like you'd known him for ages and was quick to offer a brew. A true gentleman with a wicked sense of humour. Mate and I would have loved to stay longer. Those boys could sure spin a great yarn.

IP Logged

bazz
Forum Senior

QueeNZlander

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Shared Manson Hut one new years Eve with BH & one of his mates ,interesting characters to yarn to , RIP Barry.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards