Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Triton auto vs Manuel (Read 929 times)
Honkers

Triton auto vs Manuel
Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Hi all probably covering the topic for the 50th time but am upgrading the 2010 triton to the latest model and although iv always been a Manuel person for 4wding towing etc im now thinking about and auto due to 70-80% of my driving being city or on road driving and in some respects easier on the beaten track.
what's everyone's thoughts on this especially regarding the new tritons and experiences with them???

Cheers

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Re: Triton auto vs Manuel
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
My boss has a 2015 2.4 triton with a 6 speed in it. Had to get the gearbox replaced within first 12 months. Not sure what problem was. All under warranty so not a problem at this stage.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

XRhunter
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Most all common rail diesels (especially 4 cylinder ones) have a distinctive jerkiness to each revolution, that when coupled with billions of engine revolutions, gives the bearings and cogs in manual gearboxes a very hard time. So they try and shield/protect the manual gearbox from that jerkiness by gluing the two halves of a flywheel together with bonded rubber between them. The rubber eventually fails, and you're in for 3-4K for a replacement and fitting. Auto Torque converters suck it all up and protect the sun/planetary gears from those shock loads.

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Love my 2016 auto Triton. Can't fault its transmission. 80/20 on/off road.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

JoshC
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Auto for what you are doing mate. Wouldn't go back to a manual in a modern diesel these days

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards