Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic opinions on the yukon point binoculars (Read 2572 times)
tim37
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

opinions on the yukon point binoculars
Feb 7th, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I need to buy new binos and these came up while I was searching online but don't know anything about them. also looking at the vortex diamondbacks

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Re: opinions on the yukon point binoculars
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
I use a pair of quite heavy but robust 10x50s

They are excellent. Sharp as for a bino 3 times the price. Nice contrast and colour of image. Smooth to operate and good columation.

Bit heavy in  that size  to carry round in the mountains but im as strong as an ox to not realy a concern.  Roll Eyes

The lighter 10x42 are equally sharp.

I used a lighter pair of the older Nikon Monachs for years, at twice the price,  and thought they were pretty good for price but Nikon need to up their game in comparison.. to the even today cheaper Yukons.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

tim37
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
cheers for the reply and your thoughts on the yukons. got to try out a few different makes and sizes today, I think I will be going with vortex diamondback as I preferred these over the others that I tried. couldn't try the yukons as no one had a set. a bit worried about buying the yukons without trying them first.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
understandable.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Deer Whisperer

Talk the deer to death

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2018 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
I like the look of the Yukon eye cups...if they are as good as they look I'd be keen on a pair.........but like above not sure of the gamble of buying without trying or at least some NZ reviews...look similar to Steiner Rangers......if they are close in optics id say a steal at $370!

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:02am
Print Post  
i liked the yukons(8x42)(used them for 3yrs) but ended up getting bushy just for the rainguard as i bought a bushnell scope as well

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 9:16am
Print Post  
They are razor sharp. If any of you full professional optics reviewers would like to do a review, pm me and Ill organise a pair for you to try out for a month..  Smiley

IP Logged

tim37
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
had a change of mind and ordered the Yukon 10x42 after doing a bit more surfing online. it seems that anyone who has them is very impressed. will post my thoughts of them after they have had a tryout

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #8 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Nice Tim, am looking forward to hear what you have to say.

My offer still stands. If someone wants to borrow a new pair for a while and do a review. PM me.  Smiley

IP Logged

Nor-West
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
I have a pair of the binocs they are a strange magnification from memory (In storage) maybe 9 power? but anyway  they are as good as my Zen ray ED3's in glass quality.

Still out here in the wind and rain, look a little older but I feel no pain...

Warren Zevon

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
A goud soul has taken me up on the offer of a pair of 10x42s so the offer is off the table unsless your wanting to go on a waiting list, which is also doable.. Ill keep pair to send out to members over time to anyone interested.

IP Logged

Manchester

Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
I have a pair of the 8x56 which i'd had for a couple of years.

They are big and heavy, but i have no trouble finding deer with them, and i rate them above friends' leupold mid range binos

However my brother go a pair of the 10x42 and the lenses aren't quite so sharp when compared to my set

Otherwise i' impressed with the quality and price of their gear, and Ant's service

IP Logged

tim37
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
just a quick update. the binos arrived this morning but have had to send them back, not sure if they are faulty or just don't suit my eyes. try as I may I could not stop seeing a double image through them. but I have to admit they are very clear and bright. the suppliers are going to check them out and if faulty replace them. if they are just not right for me then they have said they will do a refund.   Smiley

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
tim37 wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
just a quick update. the binos arrived this morning but have had to send them back, not sure if they are faulty or just don't suit my eyes. try as I may I could not stop seeing a double image through them. but I have to admit they are very clear and bright. the suppliers are going to check them out and if faulty replace them. if they are just not right for me then they have said they will do a refund.   Smiley

Bummer as they say in old English.  Let us know what happens.  Smiley

IP Logged

ashfishman
Donor Member

Always ready to learn

Reply #14 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
tim37 wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 7:40pm:

Barrels out of alignment by the sound of it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards