Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Keri Keri (land based) (Read 900 times)
sassgsp

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Keri Keri (land based)
Feb 4th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Hi team off to Keri Keri for a few days this week for a holiday and keen to get some fishing in (land based). Will be travelling around area and up to the top but based at Keri Keri holiday park. Usually my main focus is  hunting deer as the fishing in Hawke's bay is far from anything spectacular. Excited to try my luck somewhere I actually have a decent chance of getting something for the pan. Wanting to target snapper off the rocks. Can any one point me in any sort of direction of where to point my nose. I will be fishing solo so will avoid walking for hours into remote areas for obvious safety reasons.
Any advise is much appreciated and I respect the fact that everyone has there spots thru fish and hunt and like my self are reluctant to share to some keyboard warrior that nobody knows. If it helps I am a amature rock fisho so will probably loose my gear than actually catch fish. Haha.
Thanks in advance Matt

IP Logged

meathunter72
Donor Member

Re: Keri Keri (land based)
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Theres some nice ledges over Russell way. Tapeka point.
Mahinapua might be worth a look. Theres also some nice ledges at the Northern end of Tauranga Bay.
Bound to be plenty of better spots. Download a copy of the marine chart off Linz.

Keep the wind in your face and your freezer full.

IP Logged

sassgsp

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Keri Keri (land based)
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
meathunter72 wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Theres some nice ledges over Russell way. Tapeka point.
Mahinapua might be worth a look. Theres also some nice ledges at the Northern end of Tauranga Bay.
Bound to be plenty of better spots. Download a copy of the marine chart off Linz.

Thanks meat hunter bloody awesome will most definitely be going to rustle so that's a great starting point for me 👍. Tauranga bay looks like an awesome spot to

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards