Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic St James 1080 (Read 1052 times)
Cantyguy
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

St James 1080
Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Heard almost from the horses mouth that 1080 is going to be applied on St James on the eastern side of the Waiau River. No doubt as a buffer for the Molesworth operation. Just when there are few turning up since Waro was restricted.  No idea when but would imagine up to 2 years away as they move west on Molesworth.  Pisses me off no end even though I do support the use of the stuff in difficult terrain  There is pretty much a full time possumer on St James and most of it can be accessed on foot so not too difficult to target possums and leave deer for foot shooters and Waro to control.

Digital Hunter...in search of the perfect pic

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Re: St James 1080
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:00am
Print Post  
They have no intentions of stopping and after the results on Molesworth ,the amount of deer killed  the world is their oyster,they are very happy muppets.
You say it pisses you off but yet you still support it  in difficult terrain  Roll Eyes that's a bit like DOC hiding behind the bykill front. Would you class Molesworth as difficult terrain?

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

huntnfish
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 7:02pm
Print Post  

Gross muppetry of the highest order. They don't know what a toilet is for so they just spout verbal diarrhoea  via their media and then s--t all over New Zealand, NZ trappers and New Zealanders.    Smiley

If you don't know it all, then you don't know what you don't know.

IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
EC wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:00am:
They have no intentions of stopping and after the results on Molesworth ,the amount of deer killed  the world is their oyster,they are very happy muppets.
You say it pisses you off but yet you still support it  in difficult terrain  Roll Eyes that's a bit like DOC hiding behind the bykill front. Would you class Molesworth as difficult terrain?
Nope not particularly, could be done by hand but I guess the size of the area makes it a bit impractical. Parts of the westcoast and fiordland would be typical aerial habitat.   

Digital Hunter...in search of the perfect pic

IP Logged

Marty Foote

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I had a conversation with a MSD Work Broker recently....Yes, I know the words MSD and Work Broker don't sit well together.

However, I have met this person before and we have talked about the training of young men to do the job of contract trapping. The MSD Work Broker has gone away, done the research and decided that what I am proposing has some real merit.

Yes, the pro-1080 crowd is right that there are not enough trappers to replace even 15% of the aerial 1080 area right now....Give us 5-10 years and we will train enough trappers to do the area that 1080 is currently doing.

The pro-1080 crowd laugh at such a proposal. Not only are the pro-1080 crowd laughing, but some of the anti-1080 hunters are also laughing, at such a preposterous proposal, simply because they consider themselves to be good hunters but will never lower themselves to trap for a living and therefore anyone that does trap for living can be treated with the contempt that these, supposed bushmen and hunters reckon is deserved.

Fortunately, for the future young crop of budding contract trappers, there is at least one MSD Work Broker that is prepared to work on their future behalf, even if there are many anti-1080 hunters that simply accept that 1080 is here to stay and they believe they can whinge away, about 1080, to their hearts content, without actually needing to do anything to supply a replacement wild animal control option.

Wake up, if you are in the group of hunters I have described in the above paragraphs, as the replacement solution is on the way and you will either have to eat your own words or join the pro-1080 people to keep your comfortable "there is no way to stop 1080 happening" thoughts, that you are expressing, being relevant to you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards