Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can-Am Quads (Read 940 times)
Fingers

Could't count to 10 anyway

Can-Am Quads
Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Hi all, i'm looking at upgrading my old Honda 350 and searching around keep coming across decently priced Can Am's.
Do any of you have any good or bad experiences with these bikes? Looking at 2008 500cc or above.
Cheers in advance Steve

IP Logged

davhope

Re: Can-Am Quads
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
I've had one for 3 years as a hunting bike, haven't had any problems, 2009 650cc,
But don't do that many km,
Just hauls the occasional deer out for me.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
We had a 400cc XT 2 passenger model, was a comfortable bike to ride and had no issues.   It was replaced by a 1000cc Can-Am Commander SXS, very useful machine, only bettered by the Can-Am 800cc Defender, 3 seater SXS we bought last year.      
One of our neighbours has been using 650cc twin Can-Am quads on their 5000 acres of hill country for many years. They trade them about every 2-3 years, and are very satisfied with them.

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

gonehuntin
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
we had nothing but trouble and spent many thousands on the bloody things (dairy) Theyre a good comfortable recreation bike but a hunk of crap if you wanna have it work hard all day every day. hide your cheque book if the shocks ever need done, or any other semi major repairs as their design and assembly require almost all the plastics to be removed even for something small like starter motor or winch repairs. and they have to many sensors that fail with moisture and put it in limp mode eg handbrake is common and not fun when youre in a hurry and wont let you go over 13kmh lol

farm bike anywhere other then dry ground or high country get a honda or suzuki but if your after a weekend hunting quad you couldnt find a better more comfortable bike.

IP Logged

hunter08

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
That's the thing if you buy new & drop them ever 2-3 years then all good but I wouldnt want buy second hand one as when you start having probs they more expensive to fix than other bikes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards