Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Molesworth Update (Read 4409 times)
Cantyguy
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Molesworth Update
Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Starting a new thread so this doesn't get buried amongst the other one.

I probably preaching to the converted here but if you have a ballot block in the area poisoned don't bother going!

I have been speaking to a local who has spent several days in the area spraying ( aerial). He has not seen a single live deer including the area that was treated with repellant. Deer, pigs, and goats have been killed and he made the comment that a possum was the only thing he hadn't seen. Thankfully no dead Chamois have been seen.

I'm hearing similar reports from others working in the area that are absolutely dumb founded it was managed better.

Digital Hunter...in search of the perfect pic

IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Re: Molesworth Update
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Cantyguy wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:22am:

I probably preaching to the converted here but if you have a ballot block in the area poisoned don't bother going!

I have been speaking to a local who has spent several days in the area spraying ( aerial). He has not seen a single live deer including the area that was treated with repellant. Deer, pigs, and goats have been killed and he made the comment that a possum was the only thing he hadn't seen. Thankfully no dead Chamois have been seen.

I'm hearing similar reports from others working in the area that are absolutely dumb founded it was managed better.

Tat last sentence should read 'wasn't managed better' can't see an edit button

IP Logged

puddleduk

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Same local that dropped the the poison?

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Cantyguy wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:26am:
Cantyguy wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 9:22am:

Tat last sentence should read 'wasn't managed better' can't see an edit button

Next time you make a post and cant see the edit button, log out and in again. Has to be a fresh post as there is a time limit on how long you can edit..

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
puddleduk wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:25pm:
Same local that dropped the the poison?

Nope, no Hanmer locals involved in the poison operation.

IP Logged

puddleduk

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
What about the prefeed, thats part of the operation. Even if they were not involved in it did they put in a tender for it, thats a rhetorical question by the way.

IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
puddleduk wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
What about the prefeed, thats part of the operation. Even if they were not involved in it did they put in a tender for it, thats a rhetorical question by the way.

Don't know

IP Logged

outdoorlad
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:57am
Print Post  
I hope all the ballot holders go in & then kick up merry hell when they come out, to much apathy with NZ hunters.

IP Logged

hawken 50

Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Too much apathy with all NZ Firearms Owners in general. We're all on the same team.

IP Logged

Cantyguy
Donor Member

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Just heard from a very good source that the initial rate was to be 1kg/hectare, then changed by DOC to 2kg/hectare and finally 3kg/hectare following reports of high animal numbers. The repellant is apparently only effective for 4 days and they had 9 days of clear weather hence the mortality rate in the area treated with repellant. Future operations will include pre and post poison assessments by DOC of deer numbers. F**cked if if I know why as it is apparent that in spite of what is said at public meetings deer are a target species. I would far rather see WARO have a crack prior to poisoning but the manager is strongly apposed to this. Why he should have so much say over a public estate astounds me.

IP Logged

stug
Forum Font

Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Cantyguy wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:35pm:
Just heard from a very good source that the initial rate was to be 1kg/hectare, then changed by DOC to 2kg/hectare and finally 3kg/hectare following reports of high animal numbers. The repellant is apparently only effective for 4 days and they had 9 days of clear weather hence the mortality rate in the area treated with repellant. Future operations will include pre and post poison assessments by DOC of deer numbers. F**cked if if I know why as it is apparent that in spite of what is said at public meetings deer are a target species. I would far rather see WARO have a crack prior to poisoning but the manager is strongly apposed to this. Why he should have so much say over a public estate astounds me.

Well if there are no deer left then he doesn't have to worry about poachers or hunters. More feed for his sheep and cattle.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
The only way to get truth into the debate is to get a politicians animal and give it the same treatment and make them watching the cruel suffering that poison does to an animal. The effects on a dog are horrific.

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Forum Senior

Reply #12 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
stug wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 8:20am:
Cantyguy wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 1:35pm:

Well if there are no deer left then he doesn't have to worry about poachers or hunters. More feed for his sheep and cattle.

Molesworth is owned by DOC. The organisation that did the aerial 1080  operation, with money 100% funded by the NZ Public, is OSPRI. The organisation that holds the farming lease is LandCorp which is owned by the NZ Government.

The entity (Molesworth Station), you are saying is providing more feed for "his sheep and cattle", is the same entity that owns and controls DOC, OSPRI and Molesworth Station i.e. the NZ Governement is in total control of what is happening on Molesworth.

IP Logged

dribbler

Reply #13 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Marty sounds like a land block run on the old school Russian communism style.

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Forum Senior

Reply #14 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
dribbler wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 3:00pm:
Marty sounds like a land block run on the old school Russian communism style.

You are 100% right...Except that the people, doing the "land block run", reckon that it is nothing more than a democratic capitilistic tactic to gain control over the same land.

The end result is the same. Government endorsed people will gain control over, and even own, large tracts of currently publicly owned land through the use of mechanisms that the NZ Pubic have never agreed to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards