Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic From Wyoming - DIY Options for New Zealand - Hunt Trade? (Read 785 times)
WYBOWHNTR
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

From Wyoming - DIY Options for New Zealand - Hunt Trade?
Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,

My name is Dan Pickar and I love bowhunting. I do a lot of adventure bowhunting in the states and Canada but never have been to New Zealand. I plan on coming this year the last week of March into the first week of April. I have done a fair amount of research and have gotten mixed results online. I love hunting hard and working hard to find good hunting. My top priority is Red Stag and Sambar or Sika. For that I have been told to hunt the North island. But I have also been told there's a lot of pressure up there and to go to the south island and hunt Stag, Chamois and Tahr.

I am in a bit of conundrum on knowing where to start and what to do. I am a big DIY hunter and in very good shape so I don't have an interest in shooting a giant fenced stag. I'd be plum happy shooting a smaller stag on public land. My question for you guys is if someone could point me in the right direction for a hardcore hunt in a great area or if anybody needs a hunting partner to bowhunt with, I would love to learn from the locals.

Also, I would gladly do a hunt trade with someone. I live in Wyoming and grew up in Montana and bowhunt all states out west for 15 years with most of my experience being in Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho for elk, deer, bear, moose, sheep, and goats. Is someone is willing to trade spots with me I would be more than willing to help you out, accommodate you, and go above and beyond if you ever want to hunt the western US.

Thanks for your time, Dan Pickar

IP Logged

Ackley

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: From Wyoming - DIY Options for New Zealand - Hunt Trade?
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Not a bow hunter myself but if you want Sambar Victoria Australia would be a very good option but the Kiwi's have us beaten with all the others

IP Logged

cb14
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum and pm sent.

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
also send a pm

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

cb14
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Heading to Wyoming Les? Smiley Id recommend it.

IP Logged

WYBOWHNTR
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Thank you guys, I will respond to all of the PMs I've received and am looking forward to hear from more of you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards