Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Te Puke Exclousure - CoOrdinates (Read 832 times)
avon_7
Forum Senior

Te Puke Exclousure - CoOrdinates
Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Does anyone have the Lat and Long coordinates or a kmz file showing the camp.
I'm heading in there next month for a meat hunt

Cheers

If it takes only one careless match to start a bush fire, how come it takes me a whole box to start a camp fire.
IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Re: Te Puke Exclousure - CoOrdinates
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Found this. Not exactly what you're after but may help a bit.
http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/things-to-do/hunting/where-to-hunt/h...

Te Puke Hut is located in the upper central region of the Kaweka Forest Park at the southern end of the Te Pukeohikarua Tops.

Access
Te Puke Hut is ideally positioned to allow hunts in all directions, over varying types of terrain. As one of the park’s highest huts, the climate here is subject to extreme variations. The weather can also affect helicopter flying, and strong winds and/or poor visibility are not uncommon.

North by the open tops
From the hut helipad, follow the main track west towards the trig. A hunter’s track branches off to the north and you can follow this across the open tops for approximately 2 kilometres. Several ridges fall towards the west along this route and provide good access to hunting.

The immediate access to the east (headwaters of the Mangaturutu Stream) is steep.

Hunters can reach a campsite (known as the ‘Te Puke exclosure’ site) by heading north along a forested ridge to the campsite helipad (2 hours walking time from Te Puke Hut). Many hunting opportunities are available along this route with good results often obtained north of the exclosure area down towards to Mangatainoka Hut.

By the southeast ridge track towards Mangaturutu Hut
From the helipad, follow the marked track towards Mangaturutu Hut. Via ridges and gullies on both sides the Mangaturutu catchment to the north or the Omarukokere (Omar) Stream to the south can be accessed.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

avon_7
Forum Senior

Re: Te Puke Exclousure - CoOrdinates
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Yes thanks I think i have it pin pointed on Google Earth id just like to be 100% positive..

If it takes only one careless match to start a bush fire, how come it takes me a whole box to start a camp fire.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards