Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Where to tan a skin? (Read 1558 times)
Scroopa
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Where to tan a skin?
Dec 27th, 2017 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, I'll be hunting the rangitata area next year. If I'm lucky enough to get a bull where would you guys be taking the skin to get tanned? Somewhere I don't have to drive to far hopefully.

Cheers

IP Logged

Pete82
Donor Member

Aren't we lucky?

Re: Where to tan a skin?
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
I had red deer and wallaby done by Adam at http://animalskintanningservices.co.nz and he dimd absolutely wonderful job! You just send frozen skin down to him and will have it back in about 6 weeks. However bringing skin back to OZ might require some paperwork to come with it?

IP Logged

Rumpy
Donor Member

Wishing I was out in the
hills.

Re: Where to tan a skin?
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:32am
Print Post  
I haven't used them but  O'Rourke Taxidermists are close by in Pleasant point or  Calibre Taxidermy Ltd in Timaru.

.270 WIN   AWESOME SINCE 1925       "REMEMBER THE 6 P's" POOR PREPARATION PROVIDES PISS POOR PERFORMANCE

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards