Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Arnhem land buffalo (Read 2980 times)
evergreen

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Arnhem land buffalo
Dec 22nd, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Been reading about the govt. Culling going on. Population out of control apparently. Does anyone know if there are any plans afoot to issue permits to public for hunting?

IP Logged

evergreen

Re: Arnhem land buffalo
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 7:24am
Print Post  
All good. I have a pipe dream of getting an old cruiser and quad and doing pest control on large stations in NT and Queensland in an unpaid capacity. Was just wondering/hoping there was a chance for some buff on the national park and tribal land.

IP Logged

Rugersst
Forum Font

Victory is mine...

Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
It's indigenous land so have to have their approval, I no that much, you can't hunt public land in AU bloody strange bunch here.

My mates bro in law took several hundred out of there last year with a bow, I can try and get you in touch with him when I'm back in the country in a few weeks.

I'd imagine there is enough rules/regs paperwork from the government for anything 'firearm' or 'feral control' related to drive you nuts.

IP Logged

evergreen

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 8:21am
Print Post  
I would be grateful for the contact Ruger. The licence regs might be something I tickle away slowly.
Buff with a bow would test the nerve some I bet.

IP Logged

Browndog300
Just Joined

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Rugersst wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 11:23pm:
It's indigenous land so have to have their approval, I no that much, you can't hunt public land in AU bloody strange bunch here.

My mates bro in law took several hundred out of there last year with a bow, I can try and get you in touch with him when I'm back in the country in a few weeks.

I'd imagine there is enough rules/regs paperwork from the government for anything 'firearm' or 'feral control' related to drive you nuts.

There is plenty of public hunting here in Victoria mate, state forests and some national parks. Get a game license and go for ya life.

IP Logged

avon_7
Forum Senior

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Buffalo are not just found in Arnham land there are also numbers of them on crown land and in some cases quite close to Darwin.
You don't need to pay some guide a fortune to hunt a Buffalo (Banteng are a different story)
You can do the Back Country Hunts with the NT Firearms Council. This is essentially free access into Litchfield National Park which is only an hour from Darwin. There are Buffalo and Pigs you can hunt.
As to public land hunting In Australia. NSW, NT and Vic all have Govt sanctioned legal hunting on public land with QLD soon to follow.

If it takes only one careless match to start a bush fire, how come it takes me a whole box to start a camp fire.
IP Logged

RhysAus
Just Joined

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Yeah theres a hunting area up there now days which you can book an hunt just like in NSW with the R license thingo majiggo.... i havnt any links but contact NT firearms Gove or keep searchin Google- its all diy type setup.
unfortunatly all the big hunter outfits have alot of the indiginous country locked up for their own hunts and charge through  the roof...
local knowledge can hook you up some times but still need signatures of the elders and ownerw of the grounds

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards