Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A useful pigeon shoot (Read 787 times)
Clegg

work is a necessary evil
to pay for hunting

A useful pigeon shoot
Dec 21st, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
A mate mentioned some pigeons were getting into a  pea paddock that was a couple weeks short of harvest so I checked it out. A couple gas guns had been deployed but the birds were still on the scene.
An early start & I was ready to take on incomers by 6am. Steady action until about 7.30am with most birds decoying well. A strong Northeast wind made shooting challenging with follow up shots on 2nd and 3rd birds having to be quick before they were blown out of effective range. Thirty-three down with one pinched by a cheeky hawk.
A quick breasting session at home then into work to share out the spoils for a few festive season pigeon pies  Smiley

Sorry no photos - you'll just have to imagine a pile of dead pigeons with a camoed bloke posing behind them.

IP Logged

Salmoner
Donor Member

I love salmon fishin

Re: A useful pigeon shoot
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Good fun shooting pigeons. I have never eaten the feral ones but i had some racing pigeons as pets and the odd few made it inside for lunch or tea.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards