Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Irresponsible Behaviour by biased media (Fairfax) (Read 585 times)
Vulcan
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Irresponsible Behaviour by biased media (Fairfax)
Dec 20th, 2017 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Check out this headline:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/99810821/department-of-conservation-workers-...

Department of Conservation workers shot at, dealing with death threats
LEITH HUFFADINE

Last updated 21:00, December 20 2017

Holy crap I thinks, things have gone a bit nuts. Then I start reading... and get too this:

Quote:
In 2007, a string of gun-related incidents occurred. Shots were fired near DOC employees on four occasions.

That's right, the "workers shot at" happened 10 years ago.

I don't know if this is a propaganda from doc or just more clickbait trash from what is turning into a rubbish news site. Probably a bit of both.

IP Logged

Tararua Hunter
Forum Font

Re: Irresponsible Behaviour by biased media (Fairfax)
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
looks to me like, DOCX has listed  a series of 'incidents' that have occurred over the last 11 years.
theyre  trying to highlight the ongoing risk to staff, it seems

oops, forgot
no 1080 stuff till after xmas Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Marty Foote

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:32pm
Print Post  

DOC and OSPRI's wild animal control (not 1080 due to Xmas truce) misinformation and fantasy weaving, over 30 years, is starting to unravel now that they are being forced to release the data that should be backing their historical public claims and which do not do so.

It is a time honored tradition, when powerful organisations or individuals get caught out telling porkies, they start slinging mud in a way that gets most people looking in another direction and talking about things that do not relate to their own rotten and misguided behaviour.

Good on you Lou Sanson, for keeping up the tradition. You keep it up and it may buy you some time with the general NZ public, however, it is not going to stop the inevitable price that will need to be paid for the bad behaviour of the NZ Government owned wild animal control (not 1080 due to Xmas truce) industry.

It really doesn't matter what the two extreme ends of the argument do from now on. It is the reasonable middle ground, that are able to provide alternative solutions that everyone, with the exception of the real extremists, can live with, that will win out and the madness will become a thing of the past.

With any luck this will happen before next Xmas and we will not have to declare another forum truce in 12 months time.

IP Logged

Vulcan
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Tararua Hunter wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 8:38pm:
looks to me like, DOCX has listed  a series of 'incidents' that have occurred over the last 11 years.
theyre  trying to highlight the ongoing risk to staff, it seems

oops, forgot
no 1080 stuff till after xmas Roll Eyes

111 'incidents' over 11 years is not much. Less than one incident per month, and some of those include a DoC staffer dealing with drunk tourists at a hut, a homeless person, even an injured member of the public entering a DoC office.

Some of the 'incidents' are as vague as "Security Risk DoC office" which probably means they had a crappy lock on the door.

For a nationwide government department less than 1 incident of this type per month on average is pretty damn good.

IP Logged

imaca
Forum Senior

The hills seem higher
than they used to

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Add in the number of interactions DOC staff have with the public and the % of 'issues' is minor
However, being shot and and receiving death threats is a bit of a multiplier even if they are extreme outlyers

It's better to have loved and lost than to have paid for it and not liked it

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Marty Foote wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:32pm:
DOC and OSPRI's wild animal control (not 1080 due to Xmas truce) misinformation and fantasy weaving, over 30 years, is starting to unravel now that they are being forced to release the data that should be backing their historical public claims and which do not do so.

It is a time honored tradition, when powerful organisations or individuals get caught out telling porkies, they start slinging mud in a way that gets most people looking in another direction and talking about things that do not relate to their own rotten and misguided behaviour.

Good on you Lou Sanson, for keeping up the tradition. You keep it up and it may buy you some time with the general NZ public, however, it is not going to stop the inevitable price that will need to be paid for the bad behaviour of the NZ Government owned wild animal control (not 1080 due to Xmas truce) industry.

It really doesn't matter what the two extreme ends of the argument do from now on. It is the reasonable middle ground, that are able to provide alternative solutions that everyone, with the exception of the real extremists, can live with, that will win out and the madness will become a thing of the past.

With any luck this will happen before next Xmas and we will not have to declare another forum truce in 12 months time.

Very well said Marty.
John Key got caught out...resigned....Lou Sanson is standing on very thin ice,he will make a slip.
But did all of these so called rants from DOC really take place,time I guess will tell.
Have the DOC shot themselves in the foot over past years ?

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards