Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lets stop posting about 1080 for Christmas (Read 2102 times)
Sneaka

I love short range hunting

Lets stop posting about 1080 for Christmas
Dec 20th, 2017 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Hi folks,

I have to be honest and say that I am getting sick of logging on to  this forum and when I want to read fun stuff, I keep getting bombarded about 1080 and other such topics. Yeah yeah I know I have replied on some of these. Could the moderators please set up an index topic that is purely for 1080 and other such issues so that we can keep the rest of the forum more positive and those that want to read about it can go there to do so? And can we please have a break from this, so when we log on over Christmas/ New Year we can get excited about hunting again rather than reading negative stuff all the time or having to read hunters slagging off hunters all the time. I hate that shit and it will kill the forum. Merry Christmas everyone. Have a safe, happy one punctuated with bird song in the morning and the odd bit of gunfire later on that day. Cheers,

Sneaka  Wink

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Re: Lets stop posting about 1080 for Christmas
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Agree. I'm over the repetitive nature of it from the same person. Have participated in the threads myself but they are always circular arguments and participating is futile.

I posted a new thread the other day about hunting diaries to try to generate some interest and raise a new topic, and it was immediately sandwiched between 2 threads about poison. So I deleted it and shifted it elsewhere off this forum. That reflects how I feel about it.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 10:42am
Print Post  
There is no xmas as  Rudolph has been poisoned.
My dear ol Grandmother once said '' If yi cant stand the heat then get out of the kitchen boy''.

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

possum_shooter
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Yep if its got 1080 in the title I don't even bother opening it.......yawn

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
EC wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 10:42am:
My dear ol Grandmother once said '' If yi cant stand the heat then get out of the kitchen boy''.

That would be your maternal Grandmother, eh?  Smiley

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
BC wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 2:47pm:
EC wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 10:42am:

That would be your maternal Grandmother, eh?  Smiley

Surely she wasn't yours as well... Shocked

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
1080 threads are generally moved to the politics of hunting and fishing or the DOC info section, which a joke anyway.

There are so many of them its hard to keep up. Would be nice if some of the posters exercised a bit of goodwill  and started a 1080 website of their own instead of freebeinging on this one and then getting shitty when there are complaints.

f**k we all hate 1080, vote in a government that comes up with some practical alternatives.

Sometimes the threads  hang a bit on the front page because mods have a life too.  Smiley

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Weathered
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Amor Fati

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Sneaka wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 6:11am:
Hi folks,

I have to be honest and say that I am getting sick of logging on to  this forum and when I want to read fun stuff, I keep getting bombarded about 1080 and other such topics. Yeah yeah I know I have replied on some of these. Could the moderators please set up an index topic that is purely for 1080 and other such issues so that we can keep the rest of the forum more positive and those that want to read about it can go there to do so? And can we please have a break from this, so when we log on over Christmas/ New Year we can get excited about hunting again rather than reading negative stuff all the time or having to read hunters slagging off hunters all the time. I hate that shit and it will kill the forum. Merry Christmas everyone. Have a safe, happy one punctuated with bird song in the morning and the odd bit of gunfire later on that day. Cheers,

Sneaka  Wink

BC wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:06am:
Agree. I'm over the repetitive nature of it from the same person. Have participated in the threads myself but they are always circular arguments and participating is futile.

I posted a new thread the other day about hunting diaries to try to generate some interest and raise a new topic, and it was immediately sandwiched between 2 threads about poison. So I deleted it and shifted it elsewhere off this forum. That reflects how I feel about it.
headcase wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 7:16pm:
1080 threads are generally moved to the politics of hunting and fishing or the DOC info section, which a joke anyway.

There are so many of them its hard to keep up. Would be nice if some of the posters exercised a bit of goodwill  and started a 1080 website of their own instead of freebeinging on this one and then getting shitty when there are complaints.

f**k we all hate 1080, vote in a government that comes up with some practical alternatives.

Sometimes the threads  hang a bit on the front page because mods have a life too.  Smiley

Yes please.  Some of us know where the flat earth websites are and dont need to read anymore here.  At least give the 1080 guys their own area.  Maybe next to the DoC talk to us section  Grin

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

IP Logged

Marty Foote
Forum Senior

Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Flat earth thinking normally relates to ideas that have proved to be erroneous and many individuals are said to be a part of a "flat earth society" mentality by continuing to believe the ideology that has been proved to be wrong.

In this case, the old ideology is that aerial 1080 is killing possums and rats to very low population densities. DOC and OSPRI's own monitoring data is proving this to be an erroneous way of thinking.

The claim about lowering the possum and rat population densities to very low numbers is different from the claim that possum and rat control is providing conservation benefits. They are two totally different claims and should be treated as such.

Assuming that the conservation benefits are being achieved, through the wild animal control work that has been done, we can surmise that the very low possum and rat population targets are not needed to achieve the conservation benefits. We know this because aerial 1080 is not hitting the very low population targets set.

This means that the statements being made, by the 1080 industry (which indulges in a "flat earth society" way of thinking), that 1080 is the only form of wild animal control that can deliver the required conservation benefits is wrong.

When we reach this inevitable conclusion we can then move on and allow alternative wild animal control methods to compete with the 1080 industry to create a wild animal management policy that is cost effective, sustainable and will deliver the conservation benefits without the known negative side effects that 1080 produces.

IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Sneaka -you may well have shot yourself in the foot with this thread. Your plea to reduce the 1080 debate has actually enlarged it.
Dagnammit.  Smiley

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
ho ho ho and a merry Christmas to you all, may God look down favourably on your hunting trips and make the silly fat spiker graze a little longer in the open for you,and may Santa fill your stocking with reloading goodies to last the whole new year.

IP Logged

Sneaka

I love short range hunting

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Micky Duck wrote on Dec 21st, 2017 at 3:42pm:
ho ho ho and a merry Christmas to you all, may God look down favourably on your hunting trips and make the silly fat spiker graze a little longer in the open for you,and may Santa fill your stocking with reloading goodies to last the whole new year.

Amen! Now that is what this forum should be all about! Onya mate  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards